Meetings and Event Sales Co-ordinator
Join a dedicated and passionate hospitality team at Sault Ste. Marie's oldest and most iconic hotel, The Water Tower Inn. We are a pillar of the community and remembered by guests Canada-wide. We are a full-service independent Inn with 175 rooms and suites, a large restaurant and flexible meeting and conference centre. We are proudly a BW Premier Collection Hotel.
The Meetings and Events Sales Coordinator sells all of the Inn's products including:
- Corporate accounts needing rooms and/or meetings etc.
- Social Events and Conferences
- Itinerant Group travel
The Meetings and Events Sales Co-ordinarily is primarily responsible to the AGM Guest Comfort and Sales, but also coordinates and works with the CEO F&B and Mgr. Reception. The successful candidate will act to achieve the main goals of management...sales excellence, exceeding both guest and employee expectations.
- Works in a flexible manner to accommodate guest needs for tours and/or information.
- Maintains records and tracking of contacts in an organized and efficient manner, according to company guide lines, using our programs and information to build our success and knowledge of / in the market place.
- Applies best practices time management skills to assist productivity.
- According to an approved sales plan focus on products with best business revenue return and /or selected seasonal product.
- Assists Reception and Marketing with ideas that generate guest loyalty.
- Performs responsibilities to increasingly grow our market share in market sectors.
- Builds and follows ?common voice? practices in describing and selling our features and benefits and communicates with managers and staff.
- Considers budgeted opportunities for sales blitzes, mailings, personal sales calls and activates as appropriate.
- Participates in defined ways to host events, greet guests, educate staff.
- Minimum 3 years experience, preferably hotel sales and/or banqueting.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, business, sales or marketing.
- Passion for the hospitality industry and exceeding guest expectations.
- A history of digging for leads, setting targets and achieving them.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Ability to manage tasks independently while following the direction of Management and the Business Plan.
- Excellent and professional interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with good time management.
- Reliable, committed and willing to learn and grow.