Responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received. Pick and pack goods, develop shipping labels and documents, and ensure that all orders have been picked and packed correctly. Responsible for verifying incoming shipments, ensure accuracy of goods matching shipping documents and purchase orders. Also, responsible for making deliveries as needed. This position requires the operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 50% of the average workweek. If selected for this position, the business will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Services customers via telephone and/or walk-ins and ensures counters are properly stocked. Interacts with customers, vendors, and associates to resolve customer-related and service-related issues.
- Acts as a liaison between warehouse and customers; Picks and packs goods to be shipped and prepares to identify information and shipping instructions.
- Determines the method of shipment and preparing all required and supporting documentation. Ensures timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Receives merchandise
- checks and signs delivery slips and assists with unloading. Affixes barcodes, tags, and security tags, and may operate forklifts, hand trucks, or other equipment to load, unload transport, and store goods.
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against purchase orders or other documents, records shortages, and rejects damaged goods.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks, and routes goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes, and places stock on shelves. Ensures the area is secure at all times.
Nature and Scope:
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from the supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel is required.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Having high attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Being able to work with a team and able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Must have a valid G-license.
- Drivers' abstract required meeting the following minimum requirements: 2 or fewer speeding tickets, and, no distracted driving tickets/infractions.
- White Cap Supply Canada:
Brafasco (www.Brafasco.com) is one of Canada's leading construction and industrial supply distributors, coast-to-coast. From manufacturing, infrastructure, construction, product training or industry knowledge, Brafasco provides customers with a wide range of products and services. In any commercial facility or project phase, Brafasco's one-stop-shop solutions provide customers what they need to meet or exceed the demands of their job. Brafasco is proud to partner with industry-leading manufacturers to support this shared goal with quality, value and productivity to solve the needs and challenges of customers.Brafasco services and supports tens of thousands of customers across Canada in a wide range of industries and trades. With over 40 walk-in branches across several provinces, a fast-paced distribution centre and more than 400 employees, we are proud to contribute to the success of projects across the country.Why Brafasco:Comprehensive Benefits PackageTeam EnvironmentRRSP Matching PlanInternal Learning Centre for Career DevelopmentCompetitive SalaryOpportunities for Career GrowthWellness ProgramTuition Reimbursement