McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is currently looking to hire a Customer Marketing Manager to join our Canada Flavour Solutions team on a 12 month contract. This position will be located at either our Mississauga, ON office. or our London, ON office.
The Customer Marketing Manager
- Custom Flavour Solutions (CFS) is responsible for the ongoing execution of CFS marketing programs and the refinement of the CFS marketing strategy. This position ensures that the marketing programs directly support CFS customer goals and/or opportunities through alignment with the CFS sales Annual Operating Plans (AOP's). The position will ensure that the marketing programs fully supports CFS sales and profit objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build direct relationships and credibility with customers by gathering and providing tailored marketing and internal resource-related insights and perspectives in response to customer needs (presentations, meetings, events)
- Refine, and internally communicate the CFS marketing strategy by aligning to customer needs, annual operating sales plans (AOP's), and financial objectives
- Contribute to ongoing development and customer execution of the McCormick Flavour Forecast marketing tool to drive customer relationships and/or customer opportunities
- Evaluate and mange internal (CPD collaboration and info, BFS collaboration and info, Culinary collaboration, past sales analysis, opportunity analysis, etc.) and external (NPD, Mintel, Innova, etc) marketing insight resources to drive customer relationships and/or customer opportunities
- Evaluate and manage external marketing communication resources (external agency, web, social media, digital) to drive customer relationships
- Manage and execute requirements for customer specific events (ie. Customer conferences, customer conventions, etc.)
- Facilitate co-branding and licensing opportunities by working with customers and internal resources (CPD, BFS, Legal) to drive sales
- Manage CFS marketing budget to maximize efficiency and effect
- University Degree or higher with concentration in marketing or business
- Business to Business Marketing or closely related discipline
- Strategic as well as tactical/execution experience
- Tailoring the same message to difference audiences
- Effective, high energy, outgoing, and polished communicator
- Innovative & creative thinker
- Effective informal leader and influencer (without formal authority)
- Recognizes differences between consumer marketing and business to business marketing
- Informal instructor or teacher experience
- Demonstrated understanding of P&L, budget/spend management
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.