Senior Communications Manager (6-month contract)
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director, External Communications you will be empowered to:
Partner in the Strategic Communications
- Create and recommend strategic positioning of communications for crisis management, day-to-day communications, and business communications to promote brand and drive profit, and mitigate reputation risk enterprise wide
- Manage and drive the strategic communications planning process resulting in an enterprise-wide annual communications plan
- Lead and manage collaboration with assigned Divisions and external service providers to align on common, effective, and timely communications that manage risk to OLG reputation and integrity
- Apply business judgments and political acumen to develop he best strategy and related communications tactics to advance business objectives
- Collaborate with other OLG business leads to assess communication requirements and develop communication strategies that are integrated with the annual corporate communications plan
Establish Critical Relationships & Communication
- Ensure all communications developed are reviewed appropriately internally, before dissemination and comply with legislative requirements to mitigate risk and uphold OLG's corporate reputation
- Oversee the research of communication channels, recommend potential new initiatives and liaise with Media to ensure alignment and consistency of messaging for an external audience
- Coordinate with Internal Communications to ensure an integrated approach to functional communications for an internal audience
- Lead collaboration with peers and managers within the communications department to support the communication needs of senior leaders to ensure that they have the required communication support and tools when interacting with the general public and broader industries
- Collaborate to prepare and draft speaking notes and communications for senior leaders of assigned function/department
- Develop a protocol, templates and process for engaging stakeholders across the organization to assist in preparing content for responses and reviewing/approving responses
- Identify issues that are systemic or reoccurring and communicate potential mitigation strategies to functional stakeholder
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Collaboration & fun : inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust : do what's right and operate with transparency and openness
Knowledge: Understanding of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FIPPA) legislation
Work experience: 7-10 years of experience in a communications role. Experience in a public sector regulatory environment is preferred
Education: University degree or college diploma in Business, Communications, Public Relations or a related field or equivalent work experience
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- You'll be Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Prioritize your Life: flexible work arrangements, generous family, and life event leaves, OPB pension to ensure even after we part ways you're taken care of
- Our Culture: we reward innovation and allow for autonomy, we support your lifelong learning with 24-7 access to online learning programs, we provide an environment that values diversity as a source of strength, we provide performance-based incentives to share in the organization's success
Learn about OLG
OLG's purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization which supports with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is in our people . Trust, clarity, and openness are essential to our overall success. We are supporting and empowering employees across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, cornerstones to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario . All OLG's profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
If you find this career opportunity and joining the OLG family is exciting, we want to hear from you, please apply online before: August 16, 2021
OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.