ParaMed is a division of Extendicare, the leading seniors care organization that also owns and operates long term care homes, and retirement homes. ParaMed Home Health Care is Canada's leading provider of home care service. We have been providing homecare and wellness solutions since 1974 and operate across Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and Nova Scotia. With 10,000 employees and over 75,000 clients, we are proud of the impact we bring to our communities through the delivery of high-quality care.
ParaMed is redefining care to help people live better. At ParaMed, it means placing your needs at the heart of all our actions and decisions so your experiences far exceed your expectations. Redefining Care means embracing new service offerings that expand available services to unprecedented new levels.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a diverse and dynamic organization focused on delivering exceptional care to a varied client population across Canada, we require the services of a broad cross-section of professionals. We are dedicated to helping every employee achieve his or her potential.
- We support each other
- Share in our successes
- Share a common goal to redefine care for the benefit of our clients
As a member of the ParaMed Leadership Team and working closely with the SVP of ParaMed, this position will be responsible for establishing a communications discipline within ParaMed that will help further ParaMed's strategic objectives and vision. Reporting to the Director of Internal Communications, the successful candidate will be a strategic, dynamic communicator who will implement customer-centric communication programs across ParaMed, championing the evolution of communications at ParaMed.
This position will be located at our Corporate Office located in Markham, Ontario but will have flexibility to work from home from time to time. However, due to COVID 19, this position will be working from home regularly until further notice. This position also requires a flexible work schedule, including ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
The ideal candidate relishes the opportunity to challenge the status quo to tangibly further our mission to help people live better. The successful candidate will work with the ParaMed Leadership Team to effectively communicate and engage ParaMed's team members, external audience and clients, using new and effective communication tools across various channels.
- Member of the ParaMed leadership team, responsible for driving the communications roadmap and strategic direction of all internal ParaMed related communications.
- Create and deliver an integrated communications plan encompassing operational and people initiatives that establishes communications discipline, maximizes communication channels, enhances leadership visibility, and aligns internal stakeholders on ParaMed priorities.
- Leverage a phased approach to internal communications within ParaMed that leverages two-way dialogue to drive understanding and engagement among employees and patients.
- Works cross-collaboratively with ParaMed and Public Affairs team members, to lead and develop content for ParaMed
- for the company's intranet and Internet as well as develop content for all other communication channels.
- Keeps abreast of internal and external issues to manage and report them to the Senior Vice President of ParaMed and External Relations Manager of Public Affairs to ensure that respective members of the organization are kept informed of any issues that may have an impact on the wider-business.
- Supports ParaMed's agenda at corporate conferences such as the annual National Leadership Conference.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related discipline combined with experience.
- Minimum five to seven years progressive communications or public relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present information clearly and effectively.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Experience leveraging technology to communicate and engage key stakeholders.
- Creative, innovative thinker who challenges the status-quo.
- Customer-focused attitude, with the ability to understand, anticipate and identify customers' needs.
- Ability to quickly shift priorities, manage competing timelines and be relentless in getting the job done with colleagues who care deeply about their work in making a difference by helping people live better.
- Ability to focus action on what is pertinent to the organization through an understanding of the key business and political issues.
- Proven experience in taking personal responsibility for seeking information from various sources.
- Superb organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with multimedia, knowledge of graphic design software and web content management systems are an asset.
- Maintain curiosity, positivity and an ongoing desire to learn in an environment of consistent improvement and innovation.