Job Description :
Posting on behalf of Ontario Health
- Toronto Region
Interested Applicants please follow the application process on posting
- Do Not Click "Apply Here"
About Ontario Health (OH)
Ontario Health is the provincial agency responsible for ensuring Ontarians receive high-quality health care services where and when they need them. Since it was established in June 2019, Ontario Health has brought together the strengths of many existing health care organizations to work together to build a better health care system for all Ontarians. Building on the expertise and knowledge of our people, we are committed to applying the best of what we collectively do, and in partnership with others, to transform the health system and improve the quality and delivery of care for patients, families and health care providers.
Regionally, operating as Ontario Health's front door to the communities we serve, we are helping to advance quality improvement, improve access and equity, enhance outcome and results measurement, drive health system integration, and support issues and relationship management. This regional work enhances Ontario Health's learnings across Ontario, improving the integration of service for patients and diverse communities, and support for health care and service partner organizations.
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity!
The Director, Communications, Issues Management and Engagement provides vision and strategic leadership, direction and oversight for the development, implementation and evaluation of communications strategies and plans, community and stakeholder engagement strategies, and communications services and products to support Ontario Health's strategic directions and objectives.
The Director will be responsible for leading the development of a Communications and Engagement strategy that is aligned with the organizations strategic directions and priorities including public relations stakeholder engagement, marketing, brand management, social media and issues management.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
- Develops an annual work plan including determining priorities and key performance indicators.
- Determines annual budgets in the context of the organization's broader budget, monitors budget and takes corrective action as needed.
- Oversees and coordinates responses to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests in collaboration with senior leaders in the Region.
- Initiates and maintains communications policies and processes to ensure consistent messaging and compatibility with the overall health care agenda and Ontario Health priorities.
- Develops internal/external communication materials, processes and related best practices including: newsletter/magazine articles, memos, bulletins, posters, new releases, presentations, surveys, focus groups, displays,employee forums, web content, video scripts, advertisements, leader toolkits and speaking points.
- Provides expert advice and support in the identification of innovative communications strategies to improve and enhance internal and external communication and communication
- Oversees print and digital media communications, engagement, and cycles in order to develop a strong public presence and positive brand and build awareness with target stakeholder
- Oversees content management and use of media assets (stories, photos, quotes, videos ), in compliance with stakeholder consent and patient privacy.
- Oversees cooperation with external consultants and vendors including speaking, writing, language translation, graphic design, printing and
- Responsible for the review and endorsement of all external facing documents for compliance with brand, standards and
- Develops media action plans including setting objectives, coordinating appropriate internal/external spokespeople and interview opportunities, preparing key messages and news releases, determining appropriate media outlets, and evaluating
- Manages the annual external system partner engagement process, including design, analysis, reporting, communications, evaluation and transition into operations and/or quality improvement
- Oversees the community engagement, communications and issues management functions for the Region in alignment with corporate communications office of Ontario Health, ensuring effective community engagement and communications policies, objectives, tools, mechanisms, methodologies, evaluation techniques and best practices are
- Develops a targeted and outcome-based community engagement strategy that elicits community engagement through participation and input from diverse stakeholders and the public through various mechanisms such as town hall meetings, focus groups, social media, correspondence, phone calls and Analyses and interprets information gathered through community engagement, and identifies key priorities and emerging themes.
- Identifies emerging issues in the community that require a communications
- Oversees all crisis communication and messaging and the management of response to high risk
- Manages the department: full management responsibilities including hiring, training and development, performance reviews and management, discipline, provides opportunities for growth and development, health and safety,
- Analyzes and conducts environmental and media scans to identify opportunities and emerging issues that require a proactive or reactive Ontario Health Anticipates potential communication/media issues and consults internally as required to respond appropriately. Provides expertise and support with respect to issues requiring urgent response from Ontario Health.
- Develops engagement strategies and/or oversees the implementation of engagement strategies, logistics and communications required to support the operational work of Ontario
- Records, monitors, analyzes, evaluates and reports on outcome of all engagement work of the Ontario Health
- Develops and maintains positive relations with partners, providers, stakeholders and the public
Education and Experience
- University degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related
- Minimum 5
- Proven ability to successfully translate strategy into sound operational plans and to implement communication plans at a tactical
- Excellent ability to manage significant issues which attract political/media and public attention through sound issues management techniques and ability to manage relationships and coach spokesperson and involved
- Proven success in proactively managing the communication plan while, at the same time, demonstrating comfort with and success at nimbly reacting to rapidly changing, unanticipated communication
- Experience providing guidance to and collaborating with senior executives on complex communication strategies and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with highly sensitive issues with tact andSuperior leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills, supported by superior written and oral communication, as well as editing
- Demonstrated experience in community outreach, consultation or stakeholder management, and familiarity with current theory and techniques of community
Knowledge and Skills
Sound knowledge, understanding and application of communications concepts, strategies, and technical skills required in planning, execution and evaluation of communications plans for internal and external audiences.
Strong experience and track record for developing and successfully implementing social media
Demonstrated ability to plan and write a broad range of exceptional copy in a variety of media
Thorough knowledge of current trends in writing, graphic arts, photographic arts, and display/exhibit development and electronic
Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as an internal consultant and build strategic alliances with internal/external
Excellent project management skills including budgeting, planning and
Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and resolve
Proficiency in computers including related business software (MS Office products, CRM).
French language an asset
Employment Location: Downtown Toronto, Toronto Region (Currently Virtual)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Job Posting Close
Date: August 3, 2021
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
All qualified applicants are requested to email a resume with covering letter, quoting Competition # FY2122-T002 in the email subject line, via Isarta
We believe in patient-centred care and in health equity. And we believe in learning from the many diverse communities that make up Ontario, so we can reflect those learnings in everything we do.
Our highly skilled team comes from across the province and collectively applies world class experience, knowledge and expertise to support health care professionals and to benefit all Ontarians.
We oversee health care delivery across the province, which includes ensuring front- line providers and other health professionals have the tools and information they need to deliver the best possible care within their communities