Regional Sales Coordinator (Full Time)
Join a winning team! The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Sales Department and Fairmont's Canada Western Mountain Region (The Fairmont Banff Springs, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler) are seeking a high energy Sales Coordinator who is extremely dedicated to her/his job and is willing to ?go the extra mile? and able to ?think out of the box.? We are looking for a hospitality career professional, who is interested in beginning a career in Sales and Marketing and has a strong desire to excel, and exceed the expectations of our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Group Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Coordinating and supporting all aspects of sales activities including taking initial inquiries, generating leads, proposals, referrals and contracts, blocking space etc.
- Process proposals and contracts as required
- Coordinate specific marketing initiatives involving Revenue Streams
- After appropriate training and development, participate in site inspections, familiarization tours, trade shows and functions within the hotel, as required, and in the absence of the Sales Manager
- Be an effective team player within the Sales team of Canada's Western Mountain Region and with other team members in Catering and Conventions, Guest Services, Food and Beverage and other key areas within the hotel and the region
- Actively seek opportunities to improve systems and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum one year experience in hotel environment (ideally in Sales, Reservation, Conference Service or Front Office)
- Excellent communication skills and English; second foreign language a definite asset
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows
- Knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering / Opera Sales Force Automation and Property Manager are assets
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Graduate of Hospitality Degree / Diploma program a definite asset
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.