The Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing the player club, coat check, gift shop and bus tours in all day to day operations through a diverse team focused on service in all of our guests and patrons requests and needs for ultimate satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides exceptional customer service skills with personal service, dealing with complaints, guest inquiries, comments and requests of all guests and patrons
- Trains, coaches and develops all team members; conducts performance appraisals and executes performance management as needed
- Regularly communicates feedback to Director on opportunities, strengths or threats
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service and processes payroll
- Establishes standards, procedures and duties for department staff
- Purchases and merchandise what merchandise to be sold while developing branded products
- Keeps record of sales, prepares inventory of stock, and orders merchandise
- Stocks and marks prices of merchandise, sets up advertising displays and cleans shelves, counters, or tables
- Administers in coming deliveries and reports discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory levels
- Prepares sales and inventory reports for the achievement of budgets
- Promotes player club memberships and benefits
- Enrolls, updates and maintains player memberships and club points
- Runs coat check to ensure patrons or customers have reduced wait times and stellar service
- Orders, stocks and replenishes player club member equipment materials
- Cold calls and markets bus tours in the achievement of business goals
- Create bus tour packages
- Promotes all marketing activities and executes marketing plans and programs at the direction of the Marketing Director
Directly supervises and leads a team up to twenty. The Marketing Manager is responsible for hiring, training, development and performance of the marketing team in a fair, equitable and consistent manner that is supported by training, coaching and documentation.
Qualifications and Requirements
With a minimum of six years' experience in retail management, marketing or customer service at a management level, you are capable of managing a team accountable for sales and overall budget achievement; additionally, you have the savvy and intuition to source, purchase and display products that generate and achieve business goals. Strong telephone skills with the ability to sell and promote the attributes of the casino would be beneficial.
This role is physically demanding in the area of standing and bending while using both hands in a loud work environment
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba (LGA).