Job Description :
Date Posted: August 13, 2021
Who we are...
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110-year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $58 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization's core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to ?Deliver Memorable Experiences? for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees, or the community.
The PNE's Sales, Marketing & Business Development Department oversees the company's marketing, corporate partnerships, group sales, facility sales, business development and TicketLeader. Our team are hardworking and motivated individuals that have a passion for the Events Industry and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE).
The Account Manager, Film & Facility Sales reports to the Manager, Facility Sales and plays a critical role in elevating business results and serves as our client guest experience champions. This role will be assigned the film and long
- term rental market as the primary area of responsibility and will support other key markets such as live entertainment, trade & consumer, sport, and festivals.
Why join our Team?
Inspires an exhilarating and fun-loving workplace
- Supports a flexible work environment
- Innovates in both concept and process
- Thrives and promotes a fast-paced sales & marketing culture
- Collaborates with all departments in a positive and proactive way
- Proud to be a part of the growth of one of Vancouver's most iconic institutions
- Proud to be ranked in the top 20 as one of BC's most loved brands
- BC Business 2019
What will you do this year?
The Account Manager, Film & Facility Sales will spend on average 60% in account management activities, 30% new sales activities and 10% in leadership & administration. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with account management team and maintain the PNE account management standard operating principles to elevate business results and optimize processes and technology.
- Ensure positive and collaborative client account management principles are maintained with all key accounts while nurturing and growing all client, industry and supplier opportunities.
- Work with the Manager, Facility Sales to identify ways of growing volume, revenue and loyalty of each account client.
- Ensure timely delivery of proposals, contracts and post event wrap up with clients.
- Identify opportunities to upsell during initial contract negotiations, with a focus on contract renewals post-event.
- Maintain accurate Ungerboeck bookings, account details and calendar management.
- Liaise with clients through event lifecycle to ensure event objectives are met and provide support and direction to the PNE departments for each booking.
New Sales Activities
- Develop and deliver sales activities that will elevate business results for key market responsibilities.
- Identify and acquire new business opportunities that include but not limited to developing and managing the sales pipeline through daily sales lead generation, sales research, cold calling, presentations and active participation in the industry.
- Develop, implement, and measure custom sales campaigns to generate new business in key markets in collaboration with Marketing department
- Explore new revenue-generating product opportunities and work with the relevant departments to create a business case for implementation.
- Research new trends and stay current on new activities in your markets that can enhance or distract from strategic plan deliverables.
Leadership & Administration
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing team to inspire and maximize the teams' potential and productivity through optimization of processes and technology.
- Model the PNE's core values and lead the team into CART (Communication, Accountability, Respect and Trust) with all stakeholders.
- Promote a sales & marketing culture across the organization and encourage cross-selling at all PNE Events and business channels.
- Implement best practices in using Ungerboeck and optimize year-round event lifecycle systems and processes.
- Ensure all corporate planning timelines are met including contracts, budgets, reporting and standard operating procedures with departmental, organizational and external stakeholders.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of account management, sales and/or relevant industry experience
- Strong foundation of sales knowledge in cold calling, prospecting, and discovery.
- Ability to collaborate, inspire change while respecting tradition
- Expertise in film market and a thirst to stay current in industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and a keenness to collaborate.
- Strong aptitude in data analysis and is comfortable inputting and interpreting data.
- Proven sense of salesmanship with a keen sense of understanding target audiences
- Ability to understand and represent different brands at the PNE while balancing PNE objectives
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to have fun and multi-task in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be available to work events, including, evening, weekends & holidays when required.
Who are you?
Strategic and creative
- Results-oriented collaborator
- Tactful change maker
- Committed to striving for excellence
- Team player
- Eager to make a difference
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Monday, August 30, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!