Requisition ID: 115732
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Marketing and Key Partnerships Intern/Co-op
- Small Business Banking
Fall 2021 (September to December)
Why Work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 90,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who We Are?
Small Business focuses on supporting the unique needs of small business customers with financial advice and banking solutions delivered through a knowledgeable and experienced team of Small Business Advisors and Specialists.
- Demonstrates an understanding and enthusiasm for the small business banking segment. Ability to articulate customer's business banking needs and how our products and services can solve them.
- Supports the program management of several key strategic Small Business Partnerships including CFIB (Canadian Federation of Independent Business) and Intuit.
- Delivers on integrated marketing plans and tactics to drive sales and engagement. Primary marketing areas include (but not limited to): mass advertising, targeted advertising, social, sales promotions, and in-branch.
- Oversees the collection of reporting from marketing channels to provide initiatives results, measuring established KPIs, targets and business line goals.
- Leads the delivery and management of marketing materials for sales support including branded merchandise, print and digital collateral.
- Reviews the content of the small business section of the customer facing Scotibank.com and authenticated channel (SOL) to ensure content is up-to-date and relevant for customers, working with product leads and key internal stakeholders.
- Partners and collaborates with key stakeholders including Product/ Business Line teams, Specialty Segments ( Professionals and Agriculture), Digital Marketing /Digital Factory, Canadian Marketing and Legal and Compliance to help successfully deliver integrated end-to-end marketing programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- Provides support on operations including project timelines, approvals etc.
How do I Apply?
For students, we believe evaluating you through relationships over resumes, and are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don't believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you're truly about in order to properly assess your potential. Instead we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know... this might sound crazy but we do not want you to submit your resume instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
1) Complete your PLUM Profile here
3) Complete a very short one-way video interview by clicking here (if you have already done this, you don't need to do it again)
4) When it prompts you to submit your resume, do not attach your resume! Instead, attach a screenshot of your PLUM profile under the "resume" section.
Note: You do not need to complete your PLUM profile or video interview multiple times if you are applying to multiple positions. Also, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won't use the screenshot but it's a great reminder for each of you to have completed it.
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs
**In order to be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank and/or Tangerine, you must submit your PLUM Assessment and Video Interview. **
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.