Are you looking to gain valuable Communications and Marketing experience and want to support a team of professionals and support an organization that serves the vulnerable population in our community? The Mustard Seed is looking for a Marketing Coordinator whose time is split on marketing, social media, and website. This position oversees projects related to the development of The Mustard Seed's brand, and development of engagement for marketing initiatives.
This talented individual will create and maintain a strong online presence for our organization and support the communications and marketing team. If you have a passion for writing and storytelling, as well as communicating through various online platforms, we would love to have you on the team!
Location: Calgary, AB
Position Type: Seasonal Employment
Schedule: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Reporting to: Chief Communications Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing tasks
- development of marketing forms for internal staff use (advertising design brief, request forms, logo standards)
- Writing tasks
- social media, blogs, and newsletter articles
- Propose new ideas to improve website and social media presence
- Contributing to digital content production on social media that is engaging for each platform
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Writing and editing external and internal communications
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Deliver engaging digital and print collateral
- Monitor, analyze and report on the effectiveness of social media in different markets
- Ensure a consistent approach to quality and brand delivery
- Create weekly website reports on click throughs, impressions, and campaign success
- Working with different content management systems i.e. WordPress (CRAFT CMS knowledge is an asset)
- Execute website maintenance with tie-in to social media channels
- Maintain and enforce brand standards and best practices for website to assist in content development
- Design visual imagery for website and ensure they are online with branding and campaigns
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Collaborate with different teams to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends. Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the organization and storing of internal documents through various filing systems and programs
- Other duties as may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proficient in Adobe software
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of all social media platforms
- writing, posting and creative
- Personable and strong organizational skills
- Office Setting, Monday to Friday during business hours
- Flexible working hours with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Pro-longed periods of sitting and computer use
- Minimal physical effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions
- Moderate mental effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions
- An Employment Background Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed's Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment
- To support our staff and the vulnerable population we serve, we require new hires to have at least one dose of the COVID 19 vaccination.
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Not a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
- International students are not eligible participants
- Please do not apply if all these conditions are not met
- For more information about Canada Summer Jobs: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/youth