Steer your career in the right direction as a Regional Sales Manager with Fountain Tire in the Calgary area. As an important member of the Sales team, the Regional Sales Manager will grow sales of profitable small to large fleet accounts, as well as attracting & retaining key customer accounts. Achieve this through active solicitation in the Calgary and surrounding area market(s).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop plans with Corporate Sales Manager, team members, stores and suppliers to reach the maximum potential of customers. Develop, document and share with all stakeholders, a solicitation plan and schedule that identifies, at a minimum:
- Expected volume of sales call and follow-up frequency
- Target account planning
- Expectations on number of cold calls vs growing existing business
- Expectations on store visit frequency
- Joint solicitation targets with suppliers
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Effectively seek out and solicit new accounts, complete call reports using the identified reporting tool, keeping team members and stores updated on activity.
- Actively grow and nurture relationships with targeted/assigned key accounts to grow Fountain Tire's market share; professionally represent Fountain Tire in all interactions, presentations and negotiations with customers.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with customers that adhere to Fountain Tire's pricing matrix; seek proper approval, per pricing matrix, for special pricing and programs prior to presentation to customer.
- Complete necessary follow up with customers, and continually update customer requirements in DAX, customer documentation and call reports.
- Utilize Fountain Tire branded templates for formal presentations, customer facing documentation, customer programs, etc.
- Professionally represent Fountain Tire in all interactions with the community, stakeholders and customers.
- Complete all assigned reports including, but not limited to, daily call reports within Fountain Tire Place Online, monthly schedules, sales reports, sales forecasting.
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge base of all products and services that Fountain Tire offers.
- Develop an in-depth business relationship with all stakeholders, including, but not limited to:
- Store Managers/Owners
- Store Service Personnel
- Team Members
- Research issues pertaining to the assigned customer's marketplace and respond to these issues accordingly with an action plan to succeed. This includes monitoring and reporting on competitor's and customers activities.
- Identity and report to Corporate Sales Manager in assigned area and Store Manager any customer concerns that will improve quality for customers.
- Participate in sales meetings, conferences and seminars as required.
- Participate in fleet surveys, industry associations and customer training.
- Prepare input into Fountain Tire forecasts for light vehicles for store in assigned territory.
- Assist in the accounts receivable collection process with local customers.
- Assist in inventory management through documentation processes.
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- Competitive total compensation package including a generous commission structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits for our associates and their families
- Discounts on parts and mechanical services at all Fountain Tire locations
- RRSP matching
- Company vehicle, cell phone and expense account
- Become part of a culture that strongly supports change and innovation
- A strong presence and reputation across Canada that stands behind a recognized and respected brand
- Fountain Tire is a Platinum Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies and one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers
We are looking for:
- Knowledge of medium truck, OTR and retread products for all suppliers working with Fountain Tire
- Knowledge of the products and services that Fountain Tire offers to fleet customers.
- A self-starter with a highly energetic, results orientated work style combined with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A professional business presence complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity, honesty, integrity and sound business judgment.
- A dedicated customer service focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to attract and retain profitable accounts.
- Ability to initiate sales opportunities and grow market share.
- Demonstrated ability to setup sales goals and achieve results.
- Commitment to Fountain Tire's organizational success.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; this includes organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated imitative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with customers
- Maintain a valid driver's license, with a satisfactory Driver's Abstract from province of residence
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Education and Experience
- Two years of experience in sales; automotive aftermarket and Business-to-Business or commercial sales are preferred
- Post-secondary education in Business or in a related field
- Valid Driver's License is mandatory
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. This position will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.