- Are you interested in playing a key role in shaping the growth of a dynamic company?
- Are you passionate about creative artwork to promote a vision?
- Do you love to drive results and celebrate in the success of your team?
We are looking for a creative content creator, and highly organized Graphic Designer to join our COBS Bread team in Vancouver.
COBS Bread is growing fast with plans to expand across North America. The company's success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people and our warm and friendly customer service.
At COBS Bread, you get the growth of a start-up company backed by one of the world's largest bakery franchises. We are part of the world's most successful franchise bakery network
- Bakers Delight
- an Australian-owned company. Bakers Delight has been in operation since 1980 and has more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, your main responsibilities will be designing content for marketing materials and internal assets that align with COBS Bread brand guidelines, and managing print production and design systems for the Marketing team.
Graphic Design, Campaign Artwork, Project and Asset Management
- Maintain and evolve existing standards for brand guide application to marketing channels (print and digital), internal collateral, and bakery designs (interior and exterior)
- Design content for campaigns, marketing channels (print and digital), and internal collateral
- Ensure brand consistency across all branded marketing channels, collateral, and bakery designs (interior and exterior)
- Collaborate with marketing and agency partners to deliver against business objectives with high-quality art work on time and on budget
- Propose and create processes and tools to support design operations
- Source and maintain vendor partnerships (ex. digital production, video production, photography, printers), ensuring that all suppliers are supplied with final deliverables and required
- Collect and package finished art to supplier specifications.
- Archival and management of digital assets to studio specifications.
- Style and photograph material and post production editing, as required.
- Develop concepts and artwork for materials requested by other internal departments, as required.
- Manage the Graphic Design budget
- Develop and maintain a branded asset library, including archival of digital assets
What You Bring to the Table
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience developing, designing and delivering final artwork for print and digital channels
- Have a positive attitude, be proactive and full of fresh ideas.
- Excellent knowledge of design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Experience in, and solid understanding of print production management dealing with suppliers and critical deadlines.
- Experience in, and solid understanding of digital content and video production, and working with digital production suppliers
- Experience in sourcing suppliers and photographers, and managing those stakeholders on specific projects
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objective.
- Experience managing design systems and managing digital assets and libraries.
- Ability to contribute to creative direction of photo shoots
- Confidence to lead projects, set priorities and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Have a strong eye for detail and can maintain this accuracy under numerous tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team with numerous stake-holders
What's in it for You
Not only do we have fresh COBS Bread product delivered daily to our Support Office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too!
- Competitive salary and vacation plan, and company bonus plan
- A great Extended Health & Dental Benefit, Group RRSP Matching and Health Spending Account
- Paid sick and personal leave days
- Subsidized wellness program, and paid day for community service/volunteer time
- An open, ?continuous-learning' environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged
- Work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit and fun-loving team
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
- Complimentary self-serve kitchen of fresh fruit, produce, deli meats and of course, COBS Bread and treats!
- COVID-19 considerations:
In light of COVID-19, the job incumbent will have the temporary flexibility to work remotely while we work towards a gradual plan to return to our Vancouver Support Office. Our COBS Bread product and self-serve kitchen perks are temporarily unavailable to ensure the health and safety of our employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest in COBS Bread but would like to advise that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.