About Us :
We're a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right, and because of this collaboration, we've created an atmosphere that's fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people
- and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
Constantly seeking opportunities for growth, you will bring new customers to Gordon Food Service as well as grow the customers you already have. You will lead with curiosity, consulting with customers and prospects to understand what is most important to them, where their challenges are and identify solutions to help them achieve their goals, improving their overall profitability. You will be responsible for the profitability of your overall territory, maximizing the tools that Gordon Food Service provides you, to exceed your customer's expectations of service, quality and partnership. Your activities will include, but not be limited to, facilitating customers orders, delivery interaction between customers and Gordon Food Service, as well staying current on industry trends to ensure you are a subject matter expert in your field.
This position will service the area of Southern Vancouver Island (Sydney, Lake Cowichan, Duncan, Shawnigan Lake, Cowichan Bay), and the successful applicant must reside in this area.
- Travel through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities and increase profitable sales volume while managing multiple varied customer accounts. Annual growth in sales and margin is an expectation.
- Act as a business partner to customer accounts, with a focus on helping the customer increase their business, providing customer menu solutions as needed, utilizing internal Product Specialists and Culinary Advisors.
- Promote new products and marketplace trends to new and existing customers.
- Respond to customer concerns with urgency.
- Maintain current customer records and profiles through leveraging the CRM tool daily.
- Review territory reports to evaluate progress and sales volume by tracking budgets and business plans as well as identifying product line targets for accounts, to consistently increase volume and profitability.
- Liaise with your District Sales Manager (DSM) to ensure consistency of customer contracts and opportunities that exist to increase business through selling to the contract. Carry out all other responsibilities as required by the DSM.
- Liaise with Customer Support Center, Marketing, Warehouse, and Transportation as required to ensure customer satisfaction with all products and services.
- Help to keep customers current to their given terms, working with the Credit Department through all accounts payable scenarios.
- Live the Gordon Food Service Cornerstone Values, represent GFS in the community aligned with the Cornerstone Values and effectively communicate the mission and story of the organization.
- This position requires attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on delivering results that positively impact the business
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and drives results
- Strong leadership skills including working with a variety of people at all levels of the business
- Must have strong sales communication skills, which include verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must have own vehicle and $2 million in liability insurance
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be dependable, accurate, aggressive and focus driven
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Customer is King mentality
- Excellent computer skills including Google G-Suite
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 with High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing
- Several years' experience in food services sales and management would be a definite asset as well as experience with Sales and Negotiation principles and procedures.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.Our Commitment:
*We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration shall be contacted*
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!
Visit our YouTube Channel for more videos about our company!
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.