Business Development (Outside Sales) Representative, Northern Alberta
The Business Development Rep is responsible for leading the selling efforts of Spark Power technical services into their assigned industrial and commercial markets. This is a hands-on position that involves extensive face-to-face interaction with existing customers and, especially, new customer prospects.
What you will do as a Business Development Rep:
- Convert leads into deliverable opportunities.
- Support the branch operations team on new customer acquisition in the assigned region.
- Develop relationships with new/existing customers alongside, manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and consultants/engineers.
- Seek out opportunities to align with our ?One Spark Solution? look for cross selling opportunities.
- Lead sales calls/presentations alongside technical Subject Matter Experts.
- Manage assigned customer needs and issues, look to grow broader, wider, deeper.
- Support the branches as needed in maintaining current customer relationships.
- Represent the company at tradeshows and industry events.
- Full integration with the functional groups (Marketing, Inside Sales, Sales Ops) to support lead development and other special projects/campaigns.
- Support prequalification packages, go no go discussions, RFP process, submission and follow up through award to post project.
- Enter all activities and opportunities into the CRM.
- Through the CRM grow and maintain a healthy pipeline.
- Collaborate with the branch and leadership teams in strategic planning for both the short and long term.
- Regular communication with the branch, regional leadership and senior leadership team on the territory and their efforts to convert business.
- Other tasks as required.
What you bring to Spark:
- 2 or more years in a similar role focused on new business acquisition and growth.
- Knowledge of the electrical, utility, industrial and construction industry is required.
- Experience in electrical estimation and project delivery is an asset.
- Strong communicator written and verbal.
- Proficiency in using a CRM (NetSuite) system as well as Microsoft Office.
- Valid license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time which may include North American travel occasionally.
Who is Spark?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.
What we offer our employees:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial project and customer base
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan
- Excellent benefit package
- RRSP match program
- Company vehicle provided / travel provided
- ....and much more