The Commercial Content Experience Docs team provides technical documentation for Microsoft's cutting-edge technologies, reaching millions of customers.
You have a passion for creating content experiences that help people achieve more with technology. You are skilled at making the complex clear and you enjoy learning new technologies. You are excited by the opportunity to bring your writing, technical knowledge, and data skills together to deliver content that helps our customers learn and adopt our products. You are a genuinelykindpersonwith humility and integrity.
We're looking for a creative and tech-savvy writer to join our team. You will create technical articles, diagrams, and training that will help people in all kinds of organizations understand, plan, set up, and manage the latest cloud services from Microsoft, including Microsoft Endpoint Manager. You will work with world-class technical writers, content designers, product teams, etc. to create end-to-end technical guidance that will bring clarity to the complex. You will use data to understand how to improve experiences and content to help customers have the amazing experiences they expect. Your words will help people in businesses, governments, and schools meet challenges like enabling remote work, modernizing endpoints, and achieving more. We take this responsibility to heart.
- Learn new technologies rapidly and write articles and end-to-end how-to guidance that helps customers use our technologies
- Work closely with partners in product teams, marketing, and support to deeply understand customers and the business
- Study content data, customer feedback, and other signals to define content strategy and to day-to-day improvements
- Partner with our video and training teams on writing scripts and producing videos
- Help outline new training curriculum
- 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation or training for business and/or technical users
- Experience in endpoint management, Windows management, or enterprise technologies
- A passion for helping customers succeed
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated passion for technology
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams
- A data-driven approach to content planning and impact
- Portfolio of writing samples for review
- Experience in IT or business operations
- Experience creating and managing content using GitHub and Markdown
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Informatics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.