Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick-and-mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've been rapidly growing for the past several years, and we're now on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us in Vancouver.
We're looking for a Social Media Manager
What You'll Be Doing
- Making Article ?Instagram famous'. You'll be tasked with leading the development of our organic social media strategy to drive optimal reach and engagement, reach new audiences, and communicate what makes Article different from any other furniture brand.
- Learning our audience inside out. You'll lead all analysis and reporting to understand our social media audience and deliver value to them through our content, as well as demonstrating the channel's contribution towards marketing objectives.
- Ensuring we're presenting a united front to the world. You'll be working closely with other channel leads to plan campaigns as part of a larger communications strategy, as well as collaborating with our Creative, Advertising, and eCommerce teams on integrated campaigns.
- Embodying Article's mission to Relentlessly Pursue Remarkably Better. It will be up to you to ensure we're constantly looking to implement and improve best practices over time.
- Leading social response development and plan during a major event or crisis
- Coaching, developing, and managing the social media team
- Briefing our creative team on copy and assets for our social channels
- Evaluating new channels and making recommendations about channel strategy
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years experience managing significant social communities
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to run successful social media campaigns, ideally for a consumer brand
- Proficient in G-Suite Office Applications such as Slides, Sheets and Doc
- Advanced understanding of the impact of social media and experience measuring its performance
- Team management experience: overseeing multiple team members in the implementation of campaigns, managing deadlines on behalf of a team, and coaching team members in their career development
- Flexible working outside 9-5 hours to accommodate the needs of social media (of course, we make sure you get back any time worked out of hours)
- Strong understanding of paid social media is considered an asset
- Experience with issues management is considered an asset
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, beyond a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment where we win together. Article employs a wide range of experts and seeks to facilitate a culture of curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Access to dental and health benefits package with a focus on your total wellbeing
- Discounts on our products so you can experience first hand why our customers love the Article experience and product.
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate while being remote
- We want Particles to have a sense of ownership, be truly invested in the long-term interests of the company, we offer stock options after one year of employment
Throughout COVID, our primary focus has been the safety of our Particles (employees), their families, community, customers, and candidates. We are working from home until October 2021 at which point we will re-evaluate based on government recommendations and guidance.
For the very limited number of roles that are physically required to be in the office, we have COVID safety protocol to which we strictly adhere. When our office is safe to open for everyone, you'll enjoy:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 1000 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.