SR. BRAND MARKETING MANAGER
Calgary, AB (Open to Remote)
- Full Time
Posting Closes September 10, 2021
Our Righteous mission is to have a tangible impact on how companies look, how they act, the way they treat their people and what we all deserve in terms of quality and integrity as consumers. The vision has always been built on forging strong relationships, empowering our people, innovation, forward thinking, and legendary customer experience backed by the best quality products possible.
We are, and always have been, people first, and profits second. We think differently, act differently and challenge others to be the change they want to see in the world-we just happen to do it by making gelato. Enriching people's lives, one tiny spoonful at a time.
Currently reporting directly to the CEO, the Senior Brand Marketing Manager (SBMM) is responsible for developing and executing brand strategies, promoting brand growth and market expansion, implementing and overseeing marketing plans, and using data to drive loyalty, pull and profitability. The goal of increasing the awareness, preference and demand for our brand and products over time through revenue, share, and profit is priority #1.
This highly cross-functional role is responsible for ideating and creating campaigns to support business objectives from the Senior Leadership Team and leads the creation and execution of the go-to-market strategy. Actively working with sales, the SBMM brings these initiatives to life across all of Righteous' channels and with awareness partners including OOH, paid, influencers, PR and events.
The SBMM will oversee a support team focused on campaigns, content and social media. By bringing the brand's message to all aspects of the customer journey, you will set the tone for many of the marketing and demand meetings by serving as a leader to your team and the entire Righteous team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- In close collaboration with cross-functional partners, lead and develop marketing and communication projects that bring our brand to life and create affinity for our products, purpose and people through value propositions and positioning for relevant storytelling, sustainability initiatives and future launches.
- Oversee the entirety of the marketing budget and find opportunities to increase results with best utilization of funds. Develop and drive brand strategy to build awareness, brand love and fuel business success.
- Collaborate with Sales on pricing and promo strategies.
- Understand marketing mix modelling and A&C spend optimization opportunities/tactics.
- Ensure marketing campaigns are executed flawlessly to ensure clear communication, deliverables and needs across the organization.
- Research leading trends, industry and competitors to bring new innovative ideas by pulling together consumer and seasonal insights to build out the product, promotional and marketing calendar.
- Continually monitor business performance and develop robust contingency plans, identifying opportunities and risks.
- Drive a deep understanding of consumer segments and insights. Create positioning and messaging hierarchies across Impact programs and projects.
- Manage and coordinate the integrated, cross-functional go-to-market process for impactful initiatives to bring brand and product stories to life from brief to concept development to final communication.
- Create briefs that translate to creative work that drives engagement and influence.
- Build a world-class marketing team by building capabilities and development of direct reports, and acting as a culture-builder.
- Partner with external teams to bring the Impact vision and programs to life across Canada and the USA.
- Deep understanding and proven experience with a Multinational cult brand.
- CPG/Brand Management experience required.
- 7+ years marketing and/or agency experience.
- A degree in Marketing is preferred.
THE MUST HAVE'S
- Deliver on the Ten Things that Require Zero Talent: being on time, work ethic, effort, body language, attitude, passion, being coachable, doing extra, being prepared.
- Live the brand mission, including our 8 core virtues & evangelize our delicious creations with passion in everything you do.
- Demonstrate commitment and involvement in our pursuit of making the world more awesome through participation in our Social and Environmental programs, events, initiatives and goals.
- Follow Righteous Good Manufacturing and Hygiene Practices and Food Safety and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Be passionate about purposeful work, health and well-being
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for their life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Be an awesome team player and don't take things too seriously.
THE PERKS? LET US TELL YOU...
Team members of Righteous enjoy awesome benefits and share in our financial success, proudly offered to eligible part-time and full-time team members including:
Health & Wellness coverage (medical, dental, vision, out-of-Canada emergency medical with best doctors, critical illness and long-term disability)
Earned Flexible work hours and paid time off
Family friendly schedules and paid family leave
Adventure time (permitted extended personal travel as the role permits)
Paid volunteer time
Competitive compensation, profit sharing and the opportunity to OWN a piece of Righteous through our Equity Incentive Plan
Personal development fund
ALL THE GELATO YOU CAN EAT!
In-house coffee bar and snacks for days
Team lunch every.single.day.
... and we're just getting started!
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
When you send us your resume, to be considered you must include a cover letter that answers the following 4 questions:
What value would you bring to our team? (other than the 10 things above, because they require zero talent)
What is your favourite brand and why?
Why do you want to work for Righteous?
What makes you weird?
Please complete the full application. We want you to know that we're aware of our own biases and work hard to reduce them from our hiring.
We use a tool called a psychometric assessment that helps us understand if your skills and personality are great for this role. (It will also help us see if you're great for a different role on our team!)
It can take some extra time, but it helps us ensure we're only measuring what really matters.
In our pursuit of contributing to the local economy, we do our best to hire local talent. Righteous is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification.