Requisition ID: 45345
Job Category: Marketing
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Graphic Designer, Media Specialist is responsible for the production of graphic and multimedia materials that will help build the corporate brand and promote our products and services. The role will work closely with our corporate marketing and proposal development teams and the individual will use their creativity to design elements and translate ideas and information such as corporate goals, proposal win themes, business results, and other key concepts into visuals and infographics that are compelling and clear. The successful candidate will have strong design skills including content quality assurance, layout, formatting and design with a proven ability to convert concepts into an organized, complete and accurate finished product.
- Report to the Global Director, Marketing & Communications,
- Covert concepts and ideas from our internal clients into visual materials that will meet their communication objectives,
- Create graphics and other visual elements for print, media, social, e-mail and web campaigns,
- Source photographs, images and other media for our project requirements,
- Be proficient on design software and other business tools to develop and communicate materials,
- Efficiently plan and manage production schedules and workflow in the design process, and
- Be a team player who can effectively operate in a collaborative work environment.
Requirements of the Role:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic design program or equivalent,
- 3- 5 years' experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment,
- Experience in proposal development and the business development process,
- Experience in print design, web and multimedia design,
- Layout, storyboarding and conceptual design skills,
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign, InCopy),
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic elements,
- Strong oral and written communications skills,
- Strong organizational skills, and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.