If you have a strong portfolio that showcases your composition, digital experience, and general design skills; are a motivated self-starter, meticulous in your attention to detail from conception to production; and know how to bring a vision to life and captivate an audience through your designs, all while keeping the end business goal in focus, we'd love to hear from you!
The Senior Graphic Designer plays a critical role in creating and executing a range of digital graphic needs across
our site, emails, social, display and other paid channels. You are required to manage and execute high quality creative for multiple projects and stakeholders. This includes taking projects from the initial concept through creating unique visual IDs. You will partner closely with other members of the team (Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager and
eCommerce Manager) to build visual designs in support of our marketing objectives. You will be the custodian of the brand visual line, ensuring all designs (both internal and through 3rd party vendors) adhere to our brand guidelines & standards. Note: 95% of this role is focused on digital assets, with very few printed assets.
- Create design concepts and ideas that support our consumer marketing initiatives and promotional events
- Manage the process to turn design concepts into graphic assets to be used across digital marketing channels and on the builddirect.com website; ensuring designs
- Adhere to our brand guidelines
- Are innovative and eye-catching
- Meet the campaign objectives
- Have variations to test
- Tailor graphic assets & design elements to the digital channel they are being used in to maximise performance & meet channel requirements (e.g. size, layout, call to action)
- Google Display, Criteo, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin, etc.
- Website banners, landing pages, infographics, eMail, digital flyers etc.
- Select printed materials: printed flyers, trade show materials etc.
- Create select animations and gifs, editing videos for Social Media (Concept, approach, script composition, editing and animating short videos). Contacting third party photography and vide vendors where necessary.
- With support of Digital Marketing Manager, create variations to A/B test and use results to fintune / optimize designs
- Find new and innovative ways to showcase our products
- Leverage existing product imagery, roomscene imagery and stock photos / videos
- Curate new content with support of third parties; and lead the development of those assets
- Stay up to date on web design trends and ensure that BuildDirect is a design leader
- Manage expectations of internal stakeholders for timelines and volume of design work
- Execute design requests from internal teams for non-consumer needs: e.g. recruitment, employee, investors, corporate. Examples include: business cards, investor presentations, LinkedIn job posting ads, employee swag, etc.
- Ability to communicate and explain creative decisions
- Openness to feedback, iterating concepts / visuals, and flexibility with timelines
- Ability to take a strategy-led approach to execute visual concepts
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience with Sketch and/or Figma
- Illustration skills and/or experience in traditional media production would be a bonus
- 5+ years of professional experience designing for web and digital
- Experience in paid ads / social / websites and eMail design
- Experience in developing motion based visual assets either directly or managing third party (e.g.
- GIFs, stop motion, video)
Some of the Perks:
- Endless opportunities to learn
- Flexible work opportunities
- Health & medical benefits
- Work in Vancouver (hybrid in-office/at-home role)
- Growing company with an energetic fast-paced environment
We're working remotely as we renovate our new office space at 200 Granville. We're moving back into the office in September 2021, and will be employing a hybrid model of in-office/remote work as we look to fulfilled the needs and preferences of our co-workers.