About Assiniboine Park Conservancy
Creating the future vision for one of Winnipeg's most prized treasures, Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) located at 55 Pavilion Crescent in Winnipeg is the not-for-profit organization that oversees Assiniboine Park's operations and ensures its ongoing redevelopment and financial viability. Our team is inspired to create and deliver extraordinary experiences for the people who visit and use the Park and Zoo including building friendly, supportive, effective relationships with stakeholders, community and the general public.
Assiniboine Park is a place where people share the wonders of nature in a way that inspires them to conserve it for the future. In 2009, the Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) unveiled a visionary redevelopment plan that has transformed Assiniboine Park and Zoo. APC will build on these achievements and continue to enhance the Park experience by offering something new, modern, and meaningful to visitors and tourists alike.
The Director of Marketing will lead the development and management of the overall marketing strategy for the Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC), ensuring brand positioning is integrated and reflected across all consumer touchpoints and sales channels. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications, and Sales, and working closely with the Director, Communications & Public Relations, members of the Marketing, Communications, and Sales Team, internal and external stakeholders, the Director of Marketing is an integral position for driving business results at APC. The position will demonstrate a balance of creativity, entrepreneurship, strategy, and analytical thinking, utilizing the power of data and analytics to guide decision making, balancing calculated risks with creativity and innovation. This position will create and oversee the implementation of marketing strategies and execution across all APC brands, with the goal of supporting business objectives for Park-wide Programming and special events such as Boo at the Zoo, Brew at the Zoo, and Zoo Lights., APC Restaurants, Banquet Venues & Catering, Retail Outlets, and Education Programming & Workshops.
Working with the VP Marketing, Communications & Sales, this position will drive the strategic development and execution of an engaging and differentiated membership, loyalty, and ticket pricing program across all APC brands such as, Zoo, The Leaf, and APC Signature Events. The Director of Marketing will collaborate with business unit leaders, discuss cross-functionality to determine opportunities, identify potential strategic initiatives and actions, perform feasibility studies, and design programs with corresponding marketing plans, branding strategies, evaluation tools, and a workflow for the organization.
The Director of Marketing will lead the creation and planning of best-in-class campaigns that drive awareness, affinity, and an emotional connection to the APC brand with a global audience design. This position will identify unique creative opportunities to build and integrate branding strategies and marketing campaigns that connect with people on any platform ensuring APC's brand involves human and emotional storytelling and creates a successful landscape of educational, inspirational, and engaging content.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- A Master's Degree would be considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 10 years' of increasing experience in developing corporate marketing strategies, implementation of marketing plans, leading brand management, establishing creative design strategies, and conducting business analytics at a senior level.
- Experience with market research and the use of data analytics. Ability to effectively interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from data analytics and market research to identify appropriate corresponding response.
- Proven ability to champion new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation; leverages fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas, and new paradigms to create value in the market.
- Competent in all areas of marketing including strategy, plans, sales enablement, analytics, and an aptitude for leveraging digital marketing, digital advertising, and sales acceleration tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and think strategically; ability to design and execute plans and programs that drive profitability.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team environment across all levels throughout the organization; thriving in a complicated, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; knows how to build rapport, influence and deepen relationships with stakeholders and proven ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
- Expert-level digital and marketing best practices that result in customer acquisition, engagement, retention and growth.
- Proven ability to lead content creation and design teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity, and adapt to, manage and lead change
- Excellent proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office and Basecamp software and a demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning new software programs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with campaign and analytics tools is an asset.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of projected and served impressions, impression delivery, CTR, website conversions, CPM, etc.
For over a century, Assiniboine Park has served Winnipeg as a hub of year-round activity, a joyful gathering place, and a natural oasis that allows visitors to reconnect with nature and each other.
The Park is home to popular attractions like the English Garden, The Pavilion, and the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden. Winding trails, wide open green spaces, and breathtaking gardens encourage people to get outdoors and be active. Educational programs, free outdoor entertainment at the Lyric Theatre, public art galleries, unique event venues, and a great variety of events and activities provide amazing opportunities for learning, celebration and recreation.
Explore the Outdoor Gardens at The Leaf
The new outdoor Gardens at The Leaf are open
- with close to 30 acres of gardens and greenspace and six areas to explore
- Indigenous Peoples Garden, Kitchen Garden, Sensory Garden, Performance Garden, Seasonal Garden, and The Grove. These young gardens will change with the seasons and mature gradually over the weeks, months and years to come.
Home to more than 180 animal species, the Assiniboine Park Zoo is a place for exploration and family fun in every season. Located in beautiful Assiniboine Park, the Zoo has been a favourite destination for families, tourists, school groups, and animal lovers for over a century.
As an accredited, modern zoological organization, Assiniboine Park Zoo focuses on meeting and exceeding the ever rising standards of animal care and welfare, safety, and veterinary programs and as well as demonstrating a commitment to education, conservation and research.
About the Assiniboine Park Conservancy:
The Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) is responsible for establishing the future vision for the Park and Zoo and carrying out this transformation while protecting the Park's cherished character and ensuring its long-term financial viability. It exists to enhance the Assiniboine Park experience for present and future generations.
APC is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of community leaders whose affection for Assiniboine Park translates into a deep sense of responsibility. They provide leadership, valuable guidance, and essential connections to the communities APC serves.
With the support of staff, volunteers, government partners, community funders, and private donors, APC has transformed the Park into a world-class destination that is uniquely Manitoban.
Please head to our career website at https://www.assiniboinepark.ca/careers
Deadline to apply: September 10, 2021
APC is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful candidates may be subject to Criminal Record Checks.