IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $265 billion in total assets under management as of July 31, 2021. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience
- we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
In this role, you will support effective and efficient management of IGM Marketing budget, have ownership of Marketing's risk, compliance, and BCP related processes, and ensure proper due diligence, while establishing Marketing contract with key vendors and associated contract management.
Key Responsibilities :
- Build, deploy and maintain efficient expense and spend management processes facilitating the management of the Marketing budget
- Includes expense forecasting, plan revisions, establishing NEs and variance explanations
- Utilize expense and spend management processes to manage spend to plan
- Develop and maintain SPOC (single point of contact) relationships with all Marketing departments having significant program spend
- Lead training and institutionalization of marketing expense and spend management processes
- Ability to develop consolidated financial view on a regular basis, understanding key expense drivers and trending
- Development of cost/benefit analysis to outline various expense scenarios and outcomes on managing program spend
- Collaborate with business partner teams and perform analysis as required to help create cost-effective and efficient business processes
- Owns IGM Marketing related risk and compliance processes, includes but not limited to ERM, Civil Liabilities, BCP, etc.
- Leads development, execution, and documentation of control processes
- Support the execution of Marketing RFIs/RFPs (includes vendor/pricing analysis)
- Support the implementation/roll-out of new vendors (confirmatory due diligence and contract management)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, CPA considered an asset.
- Expert knowledge of budget and expense management processes (monthly closing/accruals, expense planning, forecast revisions, variance explanation, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of risk and compliance processes as they relate to Marketing teams within Financial Services
- Institutional knowledge as it relates to IGM's budget and expense management processes.
- MS Office (advance knowledge of MS Excel) & SAP
- Ability to communicate with leadership (both internal and external) and all levels of the organization.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the ?apply for this job? icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the ?email this job? option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by September 13, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 21-1483
Job Type: Full-time