The Brand Manager, Product Marketing, plays the critical role of leading marketing efforts designed to win new consumers, drive increased product consumption with current consumers, and build and reinforce brand love. They will deliver, concept to completion, best in class marketing initiatives based on Red Bull Occasions, Events and Athletes. They will work closely with our On and Off Premise sales teams to provide solutions that support can sales and customer growth objectives all while upholding the brand personality, values and standards. Plans developed will include innovative consumer activation and occasions concepts that touch on compelling creative solutions, packaging design, digital journeys, impactful POS and advertising to reach the right audience. They will be responsible for engaging the full organization to create excellent 360 Marketing and Sales plans.
PRODUCT MARKETING AND CREATIVE EXCELLENCE
- Own and support the alignment of full year marketing strategy across external (customers) and internal (global counterparts, marketing, distribution, sales) stakeholders. Execute with excellence the go-to-market plans for:
- Occasions; Always On, Big Moments and Tentpole campaigns.
- Consumer Activations; National and Regional priorities.
- Foster collaborative working relationships across Field, Sports, Culture, and Communications teams to optimize overall marketing outcomes of brand initiatives.
- Liaise with global (creative) and external local agencies (creative and media), through strong briefs and providing effective feedback, to develop the most impactful media plan, campaign visual identities and promotional tools.
- Demonstrate creative excellence through developing breakthrough concepts, strong visual identities, comprehensive support plans and global best practice programs.
CUSTOMER MARKETING AND SALES COLLABORATION
- Collaborate with Shopper Marketing to develop retail marketing strategies, utilising trade and marketing experience to recommend best trade-led activities that bring the Red Bull brand priorities to life and meet the specific business needs of customers across priority channels
- gas and convenience, grocery, non-traditional and on premise.
- Proactively exchange ideas between Marketing and Sales departments and challenge traditions.
- Be the brand guardian for the sales team to advise and give guidance on all trade activity and tools, closely collaborating to create the most impactful marketing calendar and executional plan to excite customers.
BUSINESS ASSESSMENT AND INSIGHTS
- Identify, develop and implement necessary processes to enhance marketing and sales performance across the following areas:
- Using available consumer data, identify opportunities and needs for innovative marketing programs with key customers, as well as regionally specific requirements, providing solutions to overcome challenges.
- Channel (Retail, Impulse, C&G, On Premise, etc.) specific marketing programs/tactics to drive share.
- Leverage customer, market, and consumer insights to inform annual business planning process.
- Analyse campaign performances to develop insightful, comprehensive post-campaign reports and ensure that key learnings are applied to current and future campaigns.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Develop and coach a Brand Specialist to successfully execute brand plans and drive results. Inspire and motivate them for functional success within the organization.
- Closely manage Direct (Advertising) and Indirect Marketing budgets while ensuring efficient and responsible spends to maximize ROI.
- Establish processes, timing, required resources and workflow to ensure a smooth and successful cross-functional execution of consumer activations and occasions programs.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- 7-10 years' experience in FMCG sector. Ideally as Brand Manager, Retail Marketing Manager, or Trade Marketing Manager.
- Strong leader that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Clear understanding of markets, sales & distribution, competitor activity, consumer & shopper behaviour, category management & business insights in FMCG context
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated success of building brands in the trade
- Precise attention to detail and project timeline management
- Creative thinker and innovator
- Ability to manage cross-functionally and up
- Self-starter, able to work independently with confidence
- Travel up to 10%
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style
Red Bull Canada is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.