6133 University Boulevard, 6133 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Req #147
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
The Alma Mater Society (AMS) is the University of British Columbia's (UBC) student society, and works to improve the academic, social and personal lives of the 56,000 UBC students at its Vancouver campus. The AMS also runs nine food and beverage outlets, a catering and conference operation, and the AMS Student Nest, providing on-campus employment opportunities and generating revenue that goes directly back into supporting the students at UBC.
Marketing & Communications
Marketing & Communications Manager
Hours per week:
You're a hands-on marketing professional with a passion for translating organizational goals into successful marketing plans and campaigns. Not the type to learn one thing at a time, you want to jump right in and learn by doing.
The AMS of UBC is looking for a talented Marketing Coordinator to join our team. As Canada's largest student union, we represent over 56,000 students across UBC Vancouver campuses. Over our 103 year history we have helped shaped the university into what it is today. From demanding the construction of the Point Grey campus in 1923, to spearheading three student union buildings and keeping tuition affordable, the AMS supports students through their entire UBC journey.
This role will have you working on lots of different marketing activities centred on three AMS business areas; Food & Beverage, Conferences & Catering, and The Nest
- our brand new student union building. All three are vital to our success, contributing revenue to support our many student clubs, programs and services.
If you're looking for a fun, vibrant and collaborative environment to develop as a marketing professional, then apply to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the integrity of the AMS brand and sub-brands across multiple channels including print, social, rich and integrated media.
- Work proactively with each group to plan, develop and implement marketing campaigns.
- Create marketing collateral such as stories, advertising, posters and promotional materials.
- Oversee the work of the student social media team.
- Contribute to regular editorial and department meetings.
- Develop monthly KPI report to uncover insights and opportunities for growth.
- Stay on top of digital marketing trends and changes in social media best practices.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience in a hands-on marketing role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles for a range of audiences.
- Experience managing print and digital campaigns across multiple channels.
- Developing and managing content calendars and schedules.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience in website management and search engine marketing.
Other experience considered an asset
- Experience working for non-profits, student societies, or post-secondary institutions.
- Photography/Videography skills.
- Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking 'Apply Now' below.
The Alma Mater Society of UBC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and cover letter. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive at the AMS, we are only able to contact those we are interested in interviewing and cannot reply to email/phone/walk-in inquiries regarding application status.