About Us :
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people
- and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
The Non-Traditional Sales Representative will work alongside District Sales Representatives (DSRs) to coordinate Truck Load Sales, as well as fundraising, and non-traditional sales opportunities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related.
- Collaborating with DSRs to get customers interested in running truckloads (TL)
- Sourcing new Truckload Fundraiser opportunities with the help of our ?FundHero? landing page
- Identify non traditional food service opportunities
- Getting customers to sign up for a Stripe account (method of payment used on the TL sites)
- Getting customers linked up to their Wix account (where they see sales from their truckload)
- Assist customers with sign up to backend software for Truckload accounts
- Work closely with buyers to make ensure appropriate inventory levels
- Manage inventory on any given truckload (add inventory when needed)
- Collaborate with transportation team to find identify "pick up day" for the customers truckload
- Set the sales rep up with all the info they will need for their customers truckload (i.e. items list, pick up times etc)
- Work closely with pricing team to execute increases and decreases in pricing
- Engage with Category Lead to add on new protein items to truckloads as we see fit
- Liaise with Engagem team to ensure data accuracy and to increase automation
- Monitor and track all sales in Wix per customer
- Ensure the team has everything they need for pick up day
- Organize future truckloads with current truckload customers.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- An independent self starter that can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong cold-calling skills.
- Must have good customer service and time management skills.
- Must be a strategic out of the box thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail
- Encourages collaboration with others to achieve a common goal
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Excel required
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.