We are looking for a talented and curious programmer writer who is passionate about creating compelling content that makes users successful.
Are you excited about learning new technologies? Do you like to experiment to figure out how something works? Do you enjoy making complex information easy to understand? If yes, then you might be the person we are looking for.
As a technical writer at Guidewire, you will use your ability to grasp technical concepts to convert developer-speak into content that speaks to the user. You will collaborate with cross-functional groups to create online and in-product content. You will use your passion for customer success to make sure users get the information they need to make their jobs easier.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills, strong technical skills, a hands-on approach, and a self-motivated attitude. Expect to work in a fast-changing and flexible environment, where teamwork is key, and work is self-directed.
This is a 100% telecommute role at this time and post-pandemic it will be partial telecommute.
- Work closely with developers, product managers, and user experience designers to understand our products and target audiences.
- Plan, design, and develop content for our cloud-based solutions.
- Create developer documentation, including API reference topics, developer guides, tutorials, and more.
- Participate in initiatives to make our content more impactful and relevant to our different audiences.
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience creating content for enterprise software applications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in technical communication, information architecture, and information delivery
- Good understanding of topic-based authoring
- Experience documenting APIs (preferably REST APIs) and writing sample code
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to get information from subject matter experts and learn by experimenting
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or other related fields, or comparable experience
Preferably, you also have some of the following:
- Knowledge of web applications and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of Swagger and Git
- Good understanding of XML, DITA, or Markdown
- Experience creating documentation designed around developer use cases
- Experience creating videos, walk-throughs, tutorials, or other forms of user assistance
- Experience working in an Agile environment
About the Documentation team
The Documentation team creates and publishes content that helps our users successfully deploy, customize, and use Guidewire applications. Our audience includes business analysts, technical consultants, and programmers. We are passionate about customer success. We strive to create a great information experience for our users by providing them the right information when and where they need it.
What we offer you
- Peers who are dedicated to creating high-quality, user-centered content
- A team that values and relies on accurate and comprehensive documentation
- Opportunities to drive and participate in discussions about how to best present content to our users
- Ample opportunities to learn new technologies
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.