About Us :
Are you looking for a challenging position with a leading foodservice distribution company? Do you have strong leadership and coaching skills?
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people
- and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
District Sales Manager (DSM), Lower Mainland, BC
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for leading, developing, mentoring and managing a team of Sales Representatives. This Sales Leadership role sets territory and individual goals for overall sales, product line sales and account profitability based on market research and directions set in the Company's strategic plan towards the achievement of established sales and profit goals.
The DSM is responsible for determining the territory potential for existing customers, competitor accounts and new business in their market. Assisting Sales Representatives with contract negotiations, pricing and developing customer relationships. Other responsibilities include the financial management of the territory including factors such as cost, profitability, pricing and the creation of the sales operating budget, and implementing best practices that translate into improved customer service and Customer Experience Indicator (CEI) results. Responsibilities will include providing leadership and coaching to staff, employee development, modeling the Cornerstone Values, providing flawless service to our customers, and maintaining exceptional employee relations. This position is also responsible for participating in food shows, sales meetings and sales promotions.
We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented individual with strong leadership and customer service skills. Detailed training and support is provided.
Skills You Bring:
- Proven leadership skills, with a strong focus on coaching and development
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong analytical skills and presentation skills
- Ability to create a great team environment
- Computer skills (Google, CRM)
- Industry and product knowledge an asset
- 5+ years of senior experience in food-related sales
What we offer:
- Comprehensive customizable benefits program to suit you and your family needs including dental, vision, prescription drugs and extended health coverage
- Company matched retirement program
- Annual profit sharing
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Gordon Food Service discounts on products
- Employee appreciation events
What We Value, You Value
We are committed to building a strong relationship with our local community through our Community Sharing Committee to support Habitat for Humanity and other local charities.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
*We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration shall be contacted*Our Commitment: