Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is anchored on embracing a growth mindset, where anyone can change, learn, and grow. Four attributes allow this growth mindset to flourish: obsessing over what matters to our customers, becoming more diverse and inclusive in everything we do and create, operating as one company instead of multiple siloed businesses, and lastly, making a difference in the lives of each other, our customers and the world around us.
You can help us build our culture and achieve our mission.
The Global Partner Solutions team mission is to build and sell intelligent cloud and intelligent edge solutions with partners, empowering people and organizations to achieve more. GPS is a sales organization accountable for the commercial partner business at Microsoft. Building on the GPS mission, the Go-To-Market team mission is to develop the strategy and marketing approach for how we build, nurture, and engage the partner ecosystem to drive tech acceleration and customer outcomes.
The Partner Marketing Advisor-Partner/Play Aligned (PMA-P) role is key to Microsoft's Global Partner Solutions organization success. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the Area Sales Play-aligned Go-To-Market execution plan and delivering outcomes through Sales Play/Industry Priority Scenario aligned Marketing program execution. You will drive impact aligned to Go-To-Market execution to meet or exceed scorecard metrics, and you will act as a One-Microsoft Leader, exploring synergies with other areas of the business to land integrated GTM motions (segments, audience and solutions) in the market.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to provide marketing maturity input on Partner selection/funding allocation for GTM activities, develop and land joint GTM execution plan with prioritized Partners aligned to priority Sales Plays/IPS as part of Partner Business Plan (PBP) and augment with local initiatives connected to global strategies, executing planned campaign elements to ensure milestones are achieved and stakeholders remain aligned for Microsoft execution accountabilities, and deliver strong marketing execution and business results aligned to campaigns for prioritized Sales Play/IPS scenarios, demonstrating effective Area marketing governance to achieve business goals.
- Define joint Sales Play/IPS GTM
- Partner campaign execution framework for 10-15 high touch partners.
- Build jointly-drafted Sales Play/IPS Execution Plans that meet both the Partner and Microsoft business priorities, in alignment with expected business outcomes for the local area.
- Identify top Partner-led engines Area should activate and recommend programs to accelerate Partner marketing execution and finalize investment allocation based on joint plan.
- Ensure proper purchase orders/investment entries, SOW, and POE expectations are set with Partner or executing agency and review invoices and POE for execution investment made with assigned partner.
- Provide visibility to GPS on progress toward seasonality commitments, identify gaps, leveraging insights to recommend appropriate corrective action to accelerate campaign execution.
- Act as SME to GPS LT, demonstrating deep understanding and pulse of the partner eco-system (market, competition, demand), providing local feedback and insights on campaign landing to Area and Corporate marketing stakeholders.
- Ensure campaign lead flow (inbound, outbound) operating as planned and nurture stream/hand-offs are prepped.
- Manage execution reporting on outcomes vs. goals to optimize ongoing execution and track investment ROI.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate across the Area teams, connecting activities to simplify and drive success.
- Be a champion for holistic growth. Advocate for investments and execution approaches that drive the One Microsoft business.
Work Experience and Skills
- Partner-focused marketing experience with a proven track record of the ability to build and manage GTM campaigns and deliver against quarterly targets.
- Experience in product or channel marketing, partner channel development, business development, alliance management, through partner marketing in the technology industry.
- Be comfortable talking about business and sales pipeline, including the ability to understand tactics to optimize and accelerate the customer journey for business results.
- A strong focus on partner satisfaction through one-to-one, one-to-many and cross-market activities.
- Be able to work independently and to manage their time across multiple priorities and deliver against agreed targets.
- Be a strong communicator, able to work with audiences ranging from senior business owners to individual salespeople and to contribute to virtual team discussions.
- A good understanding of Microsoft and how to operate effectively in a matrixed organization, including marketing, account management, partner support and operations.
- Strong functional understanding of the Azure and Business Applications solution areas is an advantage
Candidates should have:
- 3-5 years of practical experience implementing partner and/or customer marketing strategy and execution. This includes landing campaigns in market, optimizing campaign execution, analyzing campaigns for performance insights, and effectively addressing course correction needs.
- Proven ability to effectively drive cross-group communication and collaboration, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated track record for driving results.
- Strong project management skills, including managing multiple campaigns in parallel and delivering successful stakeholder management
- Proven ability to influence others as well as demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources to deliver and implement practical solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.