Requisition ID: 117331
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As Manager, Communications, the incumbent contributes to the overall success of the Global Operations Communications team in globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What Your Role Will Be:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supports and manages the strategic and business communications for the Global Operations Communications team by:
- Developing initiatives to support the culture of Global Operations including strategic messaging and HR-guided performance cycle messaging, aligned to Global Operations and the Bank's priorities
- Ensuring consistent tone and branding to inspire performance and build a sense of community
- Supporting the design and delivery of executive communications for the EVP, Global Operations
- Working with partners in Global Operations and various business lines to build strategic relationships and gather information to inform communications
- Administering and maintaining the various communications and internal social media channels
- Leads and manages the planning, writing, and delivery of Canadian campus communications by:
- Working closely with the Canadian Operations team to support day-to-day operational priorities and larger scale campus initiatives
- Working with the Campus Employee Engagement team to support the delivery of campus-wide engagement events, campaigns, and recognition activities
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Skills You Already Have:
- Five to seven years of communications experience, preferably within a multi-national or global organization and across different creative mediums, including digital, video and social
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent in a related discipline (English, Business)
- Design experience is an asset
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong curiosity, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and work well independently
- Proven ability to build and maintain business relationships, including those with senior-level employees and executives
- Problem solving/issues management experience
- Must possess a flexible mindset and be comfortable working in fast paced/deadline-driven environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.