Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team
- and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion
- find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Sports & Media will be placing an increased emphasis on developing marketing programs and increasing communications to our Business to Business partners (both in the Direct to Consumer segment and in the traditional distribution segment). The role is required to place an increased emphasis on the use of data insights and research to develop increasingly effective marketing and communication programs throughout the year. Efforts made by this position have a goal to drive subscriber growth, drive revenue, and build better relationships with all distribution partners.
The role will also be vital in supporting business negotiations and the building of relationships with all distribution partners, both traditional and new, to make available or enhance revenue opportunities. The role will accomplish this through marketing and communications efforts aimed at increasing engagement, consumption and usage of Rogers content (like Sportsnet, FX and the Video-on-Demand assets associated with them). In addition, the role will work hand in hand with internal marketing teams to plan and execute promotional campaigns, build awareness of products, execute new product launches, and drive subscription initiatives.
The role is also required to provide crucial and timely marketing and sales support as requested by our distribution partners on a proactive and reactive basis when required.
What you will do:
Development of Marketing and Communication Programs
- Work with existing internal marketing teams to plan, develop and execute marketing and communications initiatives and programs with distribution partners (B2B and traditional).
- Work with distribution partners to target consumers and influence product consumption decisions by using insights learned from distributor-provided consumer habits across platforms.
- Develop and analyze ongoing KPI measurements from available data to operationalize insights found and build awareness and maximize revenue opportunities among distribution partners.
- Ensure ongoing availability of training material for customer services reps, which include network profiles, programming event calendars, quarterly content updates, etc. as well as develop and execute training programs for key programming initiatives within call centers.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders in programming, marketing, and creative to develop and coordinate sales-related presentation material supporting new products and their availability to distribution partners
- Draft launch notices, programming notices, newsletter content and other information as required by the distribution group.
Supporting RSM in the RSM-Distributor Relationship
- Liaise with internal Insights team on data analysis to support special and on-going projects aimed at developing material that supports negotiations.
- Create Insights decks for use in negotiations with partners to establish value of services and support wholesale rate initiatives.
- Parlay available data into key messages with marketing and communications material and ensure those messages reach distribution partners enabling them to drive consumption of products
- Establish regular touchpoints with distribution partners to plan and review cooperative marketing initiatives to drive sales.
What you will bring...
- Experience covering use of insights information, service distribution, and marketing.
- Well versed in the fundamentals of distribution negotiations and regulatory environment.
- A strong background and understanding of digital content distribution across multi-platforms, particularly in an IP environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met or exceeded.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the ?what? and the ?how?
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Marketing Communication
Requisition ID: 247264
Posting Notes: Media