Director, Sales & Marketing
Who is Spark Power?
Spark Power is a leading provider of end-to-end electrical services, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets in North America. With over 1300 employees across 40 offices in North America, we deliver asset management, maintenance & operations and technical services to over 6,500 customers.
Position Overview :
We are seeking a Director Sales & Marketing. This individual will build, integrate, and lead our Sales & Marketing function, focused on a disciplined and customer-centric approach to create deep, long-term customer relationships as their ?Trusted Partner in Power.? This role will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team reporting directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer.
What will you do as the Director of Sales & Marketing?
- Build, manage and motivate a highly integrated, technically strong, and driven Sales & Marketing function in a matrix-organization.
- Identify and align the strategic priorities of the organization with overall Sales & Marketing strategy including growth opportunities within our North American markets.
- Drive rigour, discipline, and accountability with the Sales team in building, executing, and reporting on the sales pipeline.
- Set annual Corporate deliverables for Sales and Marketing performance aligned with overall Company strategy and goals.
- Ensure the Marketing function has the correct alignment and resource allocation across the 4P's as required by the organization. This includes product/service line management, pricing policies and strategy, and deep market intelligence.
- Sponsor the review and ongoing development of Spark Power's CRM.
- In partnership with our People & Culture (HR) team, establish and execute sales incentive and commission plans that drive behaviours and performance in line with our Company's brand promise, ?Trusted Partner in Power?.
- Act as a cultural ambassador, embodying the OneSpark Safety culture and our core aspirational values: team, trust, sustainability, community and excellence.
- As a member of the SLT, be a champion for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives within the organization.
- Roll up your sleeves as needed, but coach and develop others to ensure everyone is fulfilling their roles as required.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 10 years of relevant B2B Sales & Marketing experience is required, preferably in manufacturing, engineering, mechanical or electrical services. Strong preference to candidates with operational marketing, which could include market intelligence and analytics, demand management, product/service management, will be given.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a Business-related field. MBA is strongly desired.
- Ability to travel to various locations within North America (30% of the time)
- Demonstrated experience effectively leading Sales and Marketing teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including superior presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to stay organized in a multiple-system environment with high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while taking initiative.
- Understanding of sensitive workplace issues; ability to act tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.