Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions and grocery products to make it easy for customers from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home any day of the week. Goodfood's mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling customers to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood customers get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system. Goodfood currently has more than 300,000 active subscribers and over 3000 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager who is enthusiastic, collaborative and works well in a fast-paced environment where leadership, attention to detail, problem solving, strong communication skills and a creative mind drive projects forward. Someone who is also a brand builder at heart and pragmatic in their project management approach and can keep themselves and the team motivated and focused.
In this role, you will report to the Marketing & Communications Director and will be responsible to develop and execute a variety of marketing initiatives that accelerate brand awareness and drive business success. Utilizing excellent marketing and communication skills, the marketing communication manager will effectively manage and inspire the development of creative communication across channels, traditional, social, CRM and digital, delivering top-tier, customer-led, insightful creative aligned to the Goodfood brand positioning while aligning to the business KPIs.
- Lead project kick-off meetings, campaign briefings and ongoing project planning meetings with both internal team and external project partners as required, including ensuring logistical management of milestones, alignment, and approvals are achieved on time and on budget
- Obtain internal approvals at all appropriate stages of creative and production and ensure that creative adheres to brand guidelines and stays true to the brief.
- Manage the agency and internal studio projects from brief development through concept evaluation to delivery of final execution
- Enable agency integration (media & creative) to ensure optimization occurs when needed, and projects stay on time and on budget
- Work with our external PR agency to manage strategic partnerships and CSR initiatives
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing leadership team to understand the Goodfood customer, the strategic direction and plans, and contribute to the development of creative ways to approach the business challenges.
- Build positive relationships within a matrix structure to ensure marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Apply consumer insights and market research. Ensure a great understanding of customer segmentation, buyer personas and journeys as well as buying behavior, gained through insights, sales and stakeholder engagement. Leverage that knowledge to determine how to breakthrough with communication
- Complete post project reviews and consolidate reporting and analysis on media spend and performance against KPIs to help identify trends and opportunities for testing and optimization
- Support an environment of collaboration for team and colleagues with the resources, tools and support they need to encourage them to anticipate and exceed expectations
- Post-secondary education diploma or degree in Marketing or business-related field
- 5-7 years of experience in supporting projects and campaign related go-to-market launches on client and/or agency side
- Experience with budget management within an ERP and supporting tracking tools
- Experience with project management tools such as advanced capabilities in MS Excel/Google Sheets and Asana/Wrike
- Ability to thrive in a fast?paced environment and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Highly organized and reliable with proven ability to meet tight deadlines while attentive to detail. Excellent at prioritizing and problem solving
- Demonstrate a strategic mind from a business, creative, messaging and targeting standpoint
- You have experience in getting teams together, identifying new processes, procedures, and driving change within an organization. Skilled at influencing, generating consensus and negotiating with peers
- Strong collaborator, with a track record of building cross-functional relationships and alignment to strategic creative approach
- You are data driven and have experience interpreting data to drive continuous improvement. You know how to put reports together to share with multiple stakeholders from immediate team to senior executives.
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbal, with experience in writing marketing communications, particularly briefing and feedback for agency partners
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table! What we have to offer our employees:
- Competitive Group Insurance
- Personal No Questions asked days
- Weekly visits from a massage therapist
- Monthly 5 à 7
- Free coffee and cold beverages/ weekly food giveaway!
- Annual fitness credit
- Employee STM program & more!
- Work from home program and flexibility