To manage sales activities for the Western Canada Region to ensure that growth targets are achieved in accordance with company objectives and budgetary requirements. Works in close partnership with Station Management and teams to meet growth objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage performance of sales team by monitoring KPI achievement, customer satisfaction, and growth targets.
- Develop & implement strategies including campaigns to facilitate increased sales productivity
- Support sales team in proactively identifying opportunities to develop new business
- Liaise with management & operational staff to ensure company objectives & strategies are accomplished.
- Prepare annual sales budget within area of responsibility.
- Ensure applicable sales reports are completed on time.
- Monitor sales activity of staff and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensure staff receives appropriate training.
- Develop performance plans for staff in accordance with company policies.
- Manage sales expenses in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Participate in customer calls with team and individually including Quarterly Business Reviews
- Provide regular feedback to sales team on performance.
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Community College or University degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years local sales management in freight forwarding
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques
- Strong decision making & leadership skills
- Strong communicative, analytical & administrative skills
- CIFFA and/or CITT graduate an asset
- Ability to travel
- Must have a valid provincial driver's license and vehicle to operate with necessary insurance
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Global Forwarding, Freight
DHL Global Forwarding (Canada) Inc.