Wood's Homes is a non-profit children's mental health centre based in Calgary. We provide treatment and support for children, youth and families with mental health needs.
We are based in Calgary with locations in Lethbridge, Strathmore and Fort McMurray. Our 500 staff and 100 volunteers provide 40+ programs and services for 20,000 children and their families every year.
We are accredited through Accreditation Canada and have earned two Leading Practice Awards, and Exemplary Standing status three times. We are nationally recognized for our innovative and groundbreaking services.
What we're looking for
We are currently searching for one (1) full-time Communications Co-ordinator to join our Communications team. Our ideal candidate will be able to create compelling content that motivates, inspires and moves our audience to action.
What you'll be working on:
- Designing and processing of promotional collateral (internal & external) which includes online, print, video and photo.
- Designing, writing and processing of the organizations newsletters (internal & external).
- Maintaining and developing positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Finding new ways to tell our brand story by generating ideas for how branded content can come to life across multiple channels with pillar content.
- Assisting with the organization's website content and postings.
- Managing the organization's Intranet content by utilizing SharePoint.
- Ensuring archival material and electronic files are organized and up-to-date.
- Maximizing our website platform in terms of cross-referencing content, highlighting the most relevant content and working with website data to iterate on and adapt content to get the best possible results.
- Managing all orders for promotional items.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned.
- Diploma or degree in digital media, journalism or communications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' of work experience in a related field, Non-profit experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience writing copy for emails, blog articles, digital and print ads, UX/UI elements, video scrips and more.
- Ability to be a self-starter and team player who is able to quickly adopt our brand and styles across all communications.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office365; graphic design (Adobe InDesign &Photoshop) and basic HTML skills would be considered assets
- Superior organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills in order to deal effectively with complex tasks, multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to learn new marketing and communications skills, tools and platforms to maintain competitive edge.
- Comfortability in collaborating with all levels of stakeholders. Why choose Wood's Homes?
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
At Wood's Homes we embrace each other's differences and strive to learn and grow from them. Should you need accommodation during the interview please inform your contact prior to the interview and let them know what you require.
We offer competitive salary, great health and pension benefits, and a supportive and inclusive workplace environment with plenty of opportunities for professional growth.
Bring your unique strengths, skills and passion to Wood's Homes. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca to learn more about our nationally recognized