Heartland Disposal- Marketing & Social Media Coordinator Intern
Heartland Disposal & Recycling is a locally owned and operating waste disposal & recycling business offering waste disposal bins, recycling services, portable toilets, and temporary fencing to residential, commercial, and industrial companies in Northern Alberta. Heartland Disposal recently acquired Solv. x Enterprises Inc. that rents and services approximately 400 portable toilets to various construction and paving companies. Solv. x also sells solvent and parts washers to various mechanic shops and commercial businesses.
Heartland Disposal & Recycling is looking for a dependable Marketing & Social Media Coordinator to join our team in our Edmonton office. This person will work to promote the business through various marketing and sales efforts.
The ideal candidate is a high-energy individual with excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications. With excellent background experience in different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram...). The ideal candidate has the ability to work independently, taking control of tasks and projects by applying their experience to help promote the business.
Brief Job Description:
- Improve our online presence through various social media platforms
- Work with website developer to improve website design and internet presence, through improvements to web pages including new images & videos
- Increase website traffic through internet search optimization (SEO) activities
- Work with website developer to improve our ?Online Request for Quotes?
- Make suggestions for improvements on our websites and manage the implementation of the changes
- Conduct market analysis to determine how to best penetrate the market in coordination with sales staff
- Compile prospective customer contact list for use by sales staff for contacting prospective customers (ie. Edmonton Construction Association)
- Assist in the creation of signage, mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
- Manage the company's Linked-In account, Facebook account, and Alignable account
- Coordinate taking photos & videos for our website
- Assist with daily administrative duties as needed
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Knowledgeable in a variety of different social media platforms
- Experience with graphic design and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design software
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, high-energy attitude, and comfortable speaking on the phone
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and problem-solving skillset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint)
This is a temporary contract position ideally suited for a college or university student that is focused on a sales and marketing diploma or degree and looking to apply their classroom learning and personal abilities to a newly created position.
The ideal candidate will be willing to complete two (2) consecutive 4 months Coop terms to allow a good solid understanding of a full Marketing role. Start date- Fall 2021 or Winter 2022.
Please submit your Resume and Coverletter via email via Isarta