JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Technical Writer works closely with developers, product managers, and project managers to create and revise customer documentation for new and existing power distribution products
- As an individual contributor, the Technical writer is responsible for the documentation of assigned hardware, software, and firmware products.
- As a part of the Technical Documentation team, the Technical Writer contributes to continuing improvement of the documentation tool set and the documentation development process.
- The Technical Writer is expected to independently manage multiple projects, monitoring progress and quality, and ensure schedule requirements are met, prioritizing as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technology related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical Writer, preferably in a hardware/software development environment
- Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills, with the ability to work quickly under a deadline
- Experience in topic-based writing
- Familiarity with DITA/XML, CorelDraw, Madcap and Visio is an asset
- Strong Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with remote teams in different time zones
- Knowledge of product life cycle management processes and systems
- Strong experience with FrameMaker, both structured and unstructured
- Experience with a CMS system (Author-It preferred), using XSL, and formatting multiple output types in a single-source environment
Relocation Assistance Provided: No