The Communications Lead
plays an essential role in growing our business through communication strategies across public relations and media/consumer events. You know how to be curious and understand the importance of how quality integrated work can drive a business forward, while ensuring that all messaging and content is relevant to both the target audience and the brand's core values and objectives.
As a growing business, Lush requires people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, the department and that of your immediate team and manager. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the Communications Lead undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Marketing Communications Manager to help create, and lead, the execution of the communications plans to support the goals of the Brand team and the overall business.
- Proactively generate and pitch stories about the company, products, events, people and brand ethics across a range of media. Respond to inbound requests for product, information, interviews, partnership opportunities and brand stories.
- Liaise with people from all levels of the business, to provide communications training and support for interviews and broadcast segments, event organization, content for pitching respond to requests for product coverage, coordinate mail outs and organize factory tours.
- Ideate, execute and attend regular industry events (digitally or physically), media desk-sides (when possible) and brand events. This includes domestic and international travel where required.
- Develop and grow strong media contacts (beauty, lifestyle, ethical, political retail and news) across Canada and the US. Managing and updating of media lists.
- Effectively manage projects, special events, media events and multiple deliverables under tight deadlines, while keeping resources and budgets on track.
- Compose press releases, pitches and collateral for product launches, retail campaigns and ethical campaigns.
- Consistently communicate trends, shifts, opportunities and statuses of the industry with cross-functional teams and partners, while externally inserting Lush into relevant conversations across beauty, lifestyle, retail and business media.
- Participating in weekly team meetings bringing fresh ideas around driving traffic, increasing customer engagement, driving press coverage, social trends and raising brand profile.
- Lead all marketing communications component of campaigns when designated, holding accountability for the whole process, from ideation to execution including PR, messaging and social tactics.
- Responsible for researching beauty/campaign/ethical/brand industry awards and submitting Lush where appropriate.
- Responsible for researching and executing podcast, webinar and event speaking opportunities for thought leaders of the company.
- Proactively research and bring forward relevant brand and influencer partnership opportunities (to the Marketing Communications Manager).
- Support with influencer marketing where required.
- Support the team with administrative duties as required. This includes, but is not limited to, day-to-day media monitoring across all channels, measuring ROI, monthly coverage reports, press trip logistics, and responding to inbound emails.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in public relations
- either agency or in-house
- 1+ years of experience managing and mentoring junior team members
- Proven experience securing media coverage across beauty and lifestyle publications in both Canada and the US
- Outstanding communication skills; written, spoken, presentation etc.
- Ability to problem solve, think critically and in an integrated manner, while presenting outside- the-box ideas
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to focus, prioritize and multitask in a fast paced, high energy environment
- A team player with a collaborative mindset and the ability to work with initiative, taking direction where needed
- Ability to travel throughout North America and internationally up to 25% of the year, when required in the future (Covid dependent)
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in related field (communications, marketing, journalism or public relations)
- Experience working in a similar field (cosmetics/retail/beauty)
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.