About BGC Canada
For 120+ years, BGC Canada has been creating opportunities for millions of Canadian kids and teens. As Canada’s largest child and youth serving charitable and community services organization, our Clubs open their doors to young people of all ages and their families at 775 locations nationwide. During out-of-school hours in small and large cities, and rural and Indigenous communities, our trained staff and volunteers provide programs and services that help young people realize positive outcomes in self-expression, academics, healthy living, physical activity, job readiness, mental health, social development, leadership, and more. Opportunity changes everything. Learn more at bgccan.com and follow us on social media @BGCCAN.
BGC Canada’s Marketing & Communications team is looking for a bilingual (ability to read and write in both languages) digital superstar who lives and breathes the digital landscape. Our small but mighty team operates in a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment.
Always in the know, you are comfortable in all social spaces and have a drive to share and amplify diverse and meaningful stories. You possess strong writing skills and you know how to achieve measurable results, but you also prioritize purposeful content that resonates with our audiences—and you know how to grow that audience, keeping diversity and inclusion in mind.
The Digital Media Manager (bilingual) is responsible for promoting BGC Canada and our Clubs through the creation, implementation, and measurement of all things digital media. The successful candidate will help the Marketing & Communications team develop communications, ensure the coordination and communication of news and information to both internal and external audiences, and other communication initiatives. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. The role has a remote work option: role can be based from anywhere in Canada.
- Create compelling social content that drives engagement as well as traffic to BGC Canada websites and other properties
- Manage day-to-day posting and moderating of content across social platforms
- Write public and member website updates and assemble weekly internal e-newsletter
- Provide writing/editing support to Senior Writer on communications-related projects
- Create and/or support social media marketing campaigns and social ads that drive traffic to segmented audiences
- Create a range of digital/social assets and promotional materials as required
- Manage social media / communications calendars
- Produce reports and analytics on social content performance and offer insights on digital strategy
- Attend and produce content for multiple live events throughout the year
- Provide social media support to member Clubs through training, advice, and tools/resources
- Work with BGC Canada Marketing & Communications and Fund Development teams on conceptualizing and executing digital content strategies
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional bilingual (English and French) reading, writing and communication skills, with strong editorial abilities
- Relevant experience as a social media and web content creator with proven experience in digital storytelling
- Expert knowledge of all social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others as they are adopted (e.g. TikTok)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Canva, Hootsuite, Wordpress
- An instinct for visual and written storytelling and a passion for digital/social content
- Knowledge of digital landscape and up-to-date with the latest news, trends and discussions
- Experience leading and executing multiple projects at once in an environment that is fast-paced, and ability to execute against challenging timelines
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Various working schedules including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Overtime as required.
The role can be based from anywhere in Canada (candidates must have their own work space). Should the candidate be located in the GTA area, the role can be hybrid or based out of our national office in North York.
If you are interested in this role, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and bilingual cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Digital Media Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please send cover letter in BOTH English and French. Resume can be sent in applicants preferred language.
BGC Canada is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We offer accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process, upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
This is a full time, permanent role. The salary band is up to $65,000: plus, benefits. Starting salaries are based on relevant experience related to the role within the posted salary band.
Application deadline: September 30, 2021, 5:00 p.m. EDT