icona Properties is a new boutique real estate development company with an experienced team, impressive landholdings and ambitious vision.
While we are expert developers with a transformative vision for marquee locations across BC’s lower mainland, we are chiefly designers of human experience. We use place to foster community, growth and togetherness.
We value inclusion, respect, commitment, curiosity, tenacity and inventiveness.
If this resonates with you, let’s connect.
icona is looking for a social expert to join our growing team and help us build successful digital and social strategies for icona and our development communities.
Working with the Director of Brand and Director of Marketing, the Digital & Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing strategies, creating, implementing and managing social media platforms and campaigns.
If you’re a strategic thinker, passionate storyteller, and skilled communicator with a proven track record for managing and growing social channels, you’d be a great fit. Your creative energy will be focused on bringing icona’s human-centered brand and real estate development communities to life, by creating authentic stories that are instantly recognizable as icona and convey life’s moments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Leads strategy, designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
- Plans and executes all web, email, social media
- Plan, curate, develop and optimize paid social campaigns that engage our target audiences and grow icona’s online community (Google AdWords, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Monitor and collect insights on performance, community interactions and campaign results for organic and paid channels, including email, social media (ROI and KPIs)
- Prepare annual, monthly and weekly content calendars that support business and communications goals including all content requirements and timing
- Collaborate with our creative and communications team to create content for campaigns (social ad images, content graphics, video assets, display ads etc.)
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Optimize and automate social listening queries to route relevant results from our managed social channels for analysis and reporting
- Educate icona team on digital media opportunities and strategies, and compile industry best practices and trends
- You are accountable for social performance and KPI’s, creating dashboards of achievements and key learnings
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Must have skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field plus 10+ years of digital/social media experience in progressively more senior positions.
- Extensive expertise leading social media with strong content strategy and communications skills
- Strategic use of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok etc.) and online social media advertising platforms (e.g. Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads and LinkedIn Ads Manager), understanding of the demographics, behaviour and conventions of their respective participants, and how each platform can be optimally deployed in different scenarios to achieve an organization's goals and objectives. Experience on Weibo is desirable.
- Experience with campaign tracking and tagging tools (UTM, tag manager, Facebook conversion tracking, etc.)
- You are known for your exceptional writing skills and ability to generate and publish relevant content to engage our target customers using our unique voice
- You are fluent in using social analytics such as Hootsuite, social listening such as Meltwater, ESP provider like Mailchimp, and capable of collecting, analyzing and using social data to achieve campaign objectives
- Relevant Certifications desirable - Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan at a strategic level with measurable outcomes
- Ability to establish priorities and to work on a number of different initiatives concurrently
- Excellent administrative, project management, teamwork, planning, and organizational skills
- You have an impressive track record for developing comprehensive media strategies, including planning paid and organic efforts across multiple social platforms
- You thrive in a growth environment, characterized by a rapid pace where strategic and creative thinking skills are valued
- You are a proactive, self-starter who is always one step ahead working independently and as part of a team
- You are a multi-tasker, exceptional time manager and capable of supporting other initiatives such as email marketing
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels desired
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools desirable (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
This Role Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of accountabilities, qualifications and competencies required.
WHAT WE’LL PROVIDE
The icona offers a flexible and desirable work environment. Two days per week this role will be based in our Coal Harbour office (located near transit) where you’ll enjoy front row ocean views, sea wall access for walking meetings and talented team of collaborators. The other three days you’ll able to work from your home office where you’ll be equipped with all the necessary tech.