RBC Wealth Management is a global organization focused on providing trusted advice and wealth management solutions to individuals, families and institutions. Our team of experts deliver personalized strategies and customized solutions for clients, offering a deep knowledge in investment and wealth management, asset management, estate and trust solutions and more.
What is the opportunity?
As a member of the RBC Wealth Management Canada Communications team, the winter intern will help facilitate communication needs for branch staff and head office partners within Dominion Securities and PH&N Investment Counsel.
What will you do?
- Supporting internal and digital communications. This will consist of preparing memorandums, compiling newsletters, intranet and website updates, writing editorial content, script writing and more
- Working with key business partners to develop, implement and support communications plans in support of employee engagement and change management initiatives
- Supporting the planning and execution of virtual events for clients and employees
- Graphic design support such as banners, infographics, PowerPoint templates and more
- Responding to inquiries through our team inbox
What do you need to succeed?
- Has or is enrolled in a university degree and post-graduate certificate in public relations or communications, along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Canadian Press Style writing
- Excellent project management skills with a high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects; strong planning, time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task across many projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service ethic and ability to operate as a key contributor in a team-based environment with strong relationship management skills, and ability to work independently with minimal direction, but with regular reporting and updates
- Excellent knowledge of business-related computer software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Financial services, specifically wealth management, experience
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and implementing strategic internal communication programs including seeking, creating and championing creative communication solutions
- Knowledge of Webex Events or BrightTalk platform, with an interest in event management
- Experience in digital media, graphic design, and/or web design is an asset
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference
- Opportunities to building close relationships
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 WELLINGTON ST. WEST
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Your Home Office
Employment Type: [[filter7]]
Career Level: Student Job
Pay Type: [[jobGrade]]
Position Level: PL11
Required Travel(%): [[requiredTravel]]
People Manager: [[peopleManager]]
Application Deadline: 09/30/2021
Req ID: 399300