PLEA Community Services is currently seeking an Excluded Full-Time Marketing and Community Relations Lead for our Communications and Development Team. The proposed start date for this position is October 4, 2021. This position is excluded from the BCGEU membership.
The Marketing and Community Relations Lead, develops, leads, implements, and supervises PLEA's marketing, advertising, and public relations initiatives to raise awareness of PLEA's brand at a local, provincial, and federal level. The Marketing and Community Relations Lead identifies, nurtures, and maintains meaningful relationships with stakeholders, with an emphasis on finding individuals and families (i.e. Family Caregivers) who are willing to open their home to the youth and adults we serve.
Please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the Competition Number 2021092MCRL1. Closing date for Internal Applications: Friday, September 17, 2021 at 4:30PM. If the position is not filled internally, it will remain open until filled.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the creation and implementation of strategic plans, programs, and initiatives for the marketing, advertising, public relations, and family caregiver recruitment efforts of the agency.
- Establishes, nurtures, and maintains position relationships with individuals, businesses, and community-based organizations to support PLEA's community relations and family caregiver recruitment efforts.
- Builds effective relationships with individuals and teams within the agency. Facilitates an effective handover of external relationships with the appropriate individuals within the agency in a manner that encourages the longevity of that relationship.
- Defines and implements an approach to raise awareness of the knowledge, expertise, opinions, and opportunities that exist within PLEA to internal and external audiences.
- Composes advocacy messages, media messages, op-eds, press releases, announcements, presentations, publications, and other oral/written communications to position PLEA as a leader in its field.
- Conceptualizes, organizes, and manages events, meetings, and other activities to publicly promote PLEA and its family caregiving opportunities.
- Acts as a PLEA ambassador, spokesperson, and liaison to the media. Arranges interviews with the in-house subject-matter experts for new media, and for events as needed.
- Provides marketing and public relations training and support to key stakeholders to maximize marketing, public relations, and family caregiver recruitment opportunities.
- Leads the development, implementation, monitoring, and revision of policies and procedures relating to marketing, community relations, and family caregiver recruitment.
- Protects and upholds confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent supervisory, administrative, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with employees, management, businesses, community organizations and the public.
- Excellent writing, editing, and content development skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective strategic plans.
- Demonstrated ability to generate original ideas.
- Excellent project management skills, including the demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, make sound decisions, and be held accountable for results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and best practices of marketing, public relations, advertising, media relations, and event management.
- Demonstrated ability to be sensitive and understanding of individuals' social realities including issues of race, culture, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, poverty and lifestyle.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor's degree in hospitality, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and web-based conferencing tools.
- Knowledge of the fostering, family care and/or home share sectors in BC's Lower Mainland is an asset.
Training and Experience:
- Three (3) or more years of progressive experience in marketing, public relations, or a related field in the not-for-profit sector.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance.
- A valid B.C. Driver's License (Class 5 or Class 7), and a suitable driver's abstract.
- This position requires travel to the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.
- The usual hours of work in this position are Monday to Friday, from 8:30AM
- 4:30PM, based on 37.5 working hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends to attend events may be required.
- Documentation that applicant is legally entitled to work in Canada.
Note: PLEA conducts primary source verification of applicant's credentials including education, training, work history, and licensure.