Our team is seeking a Communications Specialist. With this position, we are offering a flexible environment, with a combination of time spent in the office and working from home.
Our Communications Specialist will have the responsibility of developing our employee experience communications strategy. In addition they will communicate ?People & Culture' related engagement opportunities our Eastlink team. Our objective is to keep our employees engaged and informed on what matters most! This is how you will help us meet these objectives:
- Manage internal communications channels and design effective communications for internal stakeholders, as well as support key People & Culture programs and strategies
- Coordinate employee communication messaging that is reflective of our family values, promotes diversity and inclusion, and is aligned with strategic business direction and goals
- Develop timely and consistent communication as required and respond to emerging opportunities
- Write, produce and distribute ?Keeping You Informed' communications and support other communication priorities
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop communications for corporate and business-led initiatives integrating internal activities with external launch plans
- Support the development of project-related communication plans and vehicles through participation on employee experience related working committees
- Develop communications for employee experience related initiatives and policies
- Maintain currency of communication strategy, policies and practices for posting on the Intranet
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with online advertising efforts (i.e. social media) as well as in the creation of print advertisements
- Provide guidance on communication best practices and identify tactics, tools and mediums to effectively convey key messages
- Employ appropriate techniques to measure the effectiveness of internal communications
What you will bring:
- A passion for enhancing employee experience through your work
- Superior communication skills including verbal, written, and listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment where change occurs rapidly
- Ability to prioritize work and delivery to deadlines
- Proven strength in building strong and collaborative relationships with your team members and partners
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree such as Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with progressive levels of responsibility within a communication environment required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with social media management an asset
- Experience in policy development an asset Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team ?on the ground? not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins