At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
- Indigenous Collaboration
Rogers' Connected Home Team is seeking a Senior Manager, Community Engagement, Indigenous Collaboration, eager to join our growing team. You will develop and maintain trusting, strategic relationships with Indigenous communities, economic development organizations and businesses.
You are a creative, customer service-oriented candidate who has a strong understanding of Indigenous culture as well as First Nations, Metis and/or Inuit community dynamics. You will proactively build a network and forge new connections through intensive stakeholder engagement. You will independently work with influential Indigenous leaders, industry groups and non-profit organizations to develop and target communities to meet the objectives of Rogers' Indigenous Collaboration mandate.
What You'll Do
- You will participate in the development and execution of a Rogers Indigenous community engagement model and consultation plans, focusing on collaboration and open dialogue. You will play a key role in negotiations, supporting the project teams in obtaining mutually beneficial economic agreements (both short, and long-term) with Indigenous communities.
- You will work collaboratively with internal and external parties to develop Indigenous partnership plans for Rogers service expansion projects.
- Lead negotiations with Indigenous communities for both project-specific and long-term relationship agreements to help build certainty for the company and the Communities. These agreements may be purely economic in nature, or they may include a range of other mutually beneficial opportunities for shared collaboration.
- Lead and sustain Rogers' status under the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) certification.
- Support Rogers' pursuit of establishing an Indigenous Relations Commitment Statement, and alignment of our Indigenous policies, programs, and communications across the organization.
- Maintain an awareness of national, regional and local Indigenous issues that could affect Rogers' operations and growth opportunities.
- Provide assistance to media relations for Indigenous Collaboration initiatives.
What You Need to Succeed
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the field of Indigenous/community/public relations, business development, or project management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines with minimal supervision; proven capacity to be a self-starter
- Project management skills with ability to manage key initiatives and budgets simultaneously
- Ability to plan, organize and execute work on time and on budget
- Ability to execute effective community engagement strategies
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Strong analytical and professional judgment skills
- Demonstrated Indigenous peoples cultural and business awareness, with ability to collaborate effectively with community leaders to build lasting relationships
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with issues management and risk mitigation
- Ability to manage issue related conflicts and issue resolution capacity (negotiation skills)
- Available to travel to attend community meetings/events.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant WFH(084), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Posting Category/Function: Communications & Community Relations
Requisition ID: 247302
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate