What This Position is All About
Reporting to the head of Internal Communications, the Director, Internal Communications is a key member of the Internal Communications team. Working closely with the head of Internal Communications and the rest of the company's communications team, this individual will oversee development and execution of communication strategies and campaigns to keep internal audiences engaged and connected. They will collaborate with key business partners to advise on communication gaps and messaging opportunities to improve communication effectiveness and measurability.
Who Are You:
- Ability to strategically problem solve
- Establishes positive relationships across functional teams
- A strong leader with good interpersonal skills
You Also Have:
- 7-10 years of experience in internal communications either in a corporate communication setting or agency
- University degree in Communications, English, Journalism or a related discipline
- Experienced in working with senior leaders and HR to design and execute internal communications plans
- A high degree of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Effective communicator, analytical, resourceful, creative, team oriented
- Excellent writing skills and ability to simplify and tailor messaging for specific audiences
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Self-starter who works well under pressure and requires minimal supervision
- Substantial experience in successfully taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Corporate video production and event management experience
- High proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel
As The Director, Internal Communications, you will:
- Provide strategic communication counsel and support to executive leadership
- Work with stakeholders and functional leads develop and support internal campaigns and the communication of organizational changes
- Write and edit content and materials for a variety of audiences and formats (presentations, key messages, intranet content, articles, Q+A)
- Cultivate and maintain active network of contacts across the organization to align communications plans and maximize engagement opportunities
- Work with external partners to produce multimedia content (e.g., animations, videos) for internal
- drafting scripts, scheduling, shooting, editing
- Identify future opportunities and resources to leverage this medium
- Manage one or two direct reports
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
- including the creation of Technology Hubs, increased fulfillment capabilities, expanded marketing and extended vendor partnerships for a highly-curated assortment.
Since the introduction of Marketplace in April 2021, The Bay has introduced more than 1,500 new or expanded brands and more than 25,000 new products through the new Marketplace Technology platform, and continues to grow and innovate on thebay.com
- currently the 6th largest e-commerce business in Canada.
The Bay and Hudson's Bay will work collaboratively to continue delivering an enhanced and seamless customer experience.
We are proud to share our tenured commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Learn more about our commitment at HBC Foundation & HBC Heritage.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.