Build Your Career as a Technical Writer with a Growing Company
- specifically Wexxar, we're looking for people who want to shine. You'll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You'll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers' packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We're proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager You will be responsible for supporting the Engineering Department utilizing your amazing skills creating or preparing manuals and creating training material on our complex machinery as well as supporting the creation of inspection and instructions, graphics, videos and documents for end users.
- You will create new or revise/edit existing technical manuals or documents
- You will guide or enhance the user experience using text, graphics or video
- Oversee the translation of content by 3rd party services
- You manage activities relating to effective planning, storage and use of data
- You produce and edit photographs and videos as part of creating technical manuals
- You arrange for printing, duplication, and distribution of manuals with minimal direction
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree and work experience in Technical Writing or similar work that emphasized writing in English.
- Print-based Technical Writing work experience in Manufacturing, Technology, or Heavy Industrial settings
- Ability to write high quality Technical Manuals in both English
- Competency in MS Word and Excel, SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD
- Establish effective working relationship with others, and grow effectively in team-work environments
- Skills to prioritize tasks based on deadlines and urgency, and ability to work independently with minimal direction
Experience and knowledge in the following areas considered strong assets:
- Interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- MRP/ERP systems
- Videography and Editing
- FTP/3rd Party File Sharing
- Working knowledge of Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Familiarization with website application technologies
- Creating and publishing web content on company website
- Risk assessment training and knowledge
What's in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits
- you are eligible on your first day of employment!
Pro Mach, Inc.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Wexxar Packaging Inc
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
More career opportunities to consider!
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Bachelors or better in English or related field.
5 years: Print and Video based Technical Writing work experience in Manufacturing, Technology, or Heavy Industrial settings
5 years: Video Capture and Editing
7 years: Technical Writing
Licenses & Certifications