You will be part of various committees with staff from the policy, membership and business-development teams across our agency’s international network.
Press relations / Influence
- Promotion of Atout France's operations in Canada;
- Organization of press meetings (press conferences, press networking, and press trips);
- Development of key themes and targeted pitches;
- Production of permanent or special content to promote the agency's activities as well as tourism news linked to French destinations (press kits, press releases, newsletters, webinars or live broadcasts);
- Preparation of presentations, service proposals, co-authoring of notes and speeches;
- Maintenance of a list and network of media, influencers and creators (lifestyle, culture, gastronomy and travel beats);
- Design of specific events that can lead to publications by content creators;
- Annually, set up of an Influencer Challenge (hosting of three duos of influencers in three mystery destinations in France), management of agreements, itineraries, follow-up with partner clients, collaboration with the e-marketing coordinator to make sure the ad campaign runs smoothly and to produce the operation’s final report.
Press junkets / Content creators
- Development of themes for group press or content creators trips
- Securing partners (carriers, accommodation, tourism boards, etc.) and designing the program
- Identification and recruitment of media representatives in accordance with the expected objectives.
- Drafting and distribution of information to the media (press kits, press releases, newsletters, etc.)
- Tracking of operations impact: calculation of ad value, press review (spontaneous articles or articles motivated by the Agency's actions)
- Monitoring of press coverage (consumer or trade medias); social media monitoring
- Point of contact for media requests (technical assistance, information, visuals, interview requests, press trips, etc.)
- Development of new projects and services in line with the needs identified by Atout France members and the various clienteles.
- Budget management
- Participation in international working groups on topics related to the development of tourism activity and the services offered by the Agency to its members.
- Other related tasks
Requirements and skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in media relations, communications or related field
- Experience in Canada in tourism will be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written (writing in French and editing in English);
- Sense of customer service, team spirit, thoroughness, attention to detail and showing tact
- Autonomy, initiative and commitment, both strategic (periodic recalibration of methods and objectives) and operational skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of traditional media, social platforms and the latest web trends;
- Proficiency in the Office suite, working knowledge of graphic design software, CRM and monitoring platforms (Cision, Meltwater)
- Experience in event planning and ability to work physically for long hours during events and travel;
- Photography and video capture skills (an asset);
- Knowledge of France and its destinations (an asset);
- Valid Quebec province driver's license;
- Candidate with a valid Canadian work permit
Salary according to experience and skills
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday
Office located in downtown Montréal (direct access via McGill metro station). Hybrid working policy once trial period ends.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Mélanie Paul-Hus, director for Canada, before Thursday, September 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.