Posted: Aug 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 37.5
The people here at Apple don't just build products
- they create the kind of wonder that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated person to provide administrative and budget management support for our Marketing team in Canada. Great fits have strong attention to detail and are able to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced atmosphere where there are often impromptu requests. Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to exercise tact, discretion and have initiative to efficiently meet the demands of the team. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is essential for this role. In addition to prior experience in an administrative role, you bring some experience opening purchase orders, processing invoices, and reconciling budgets. You are flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. A standout colleague, with a can-do attitude!
- Shown experience (at least 5 years) in office administration with budget management responsibilities.
- An eye for details, able to follow sophisticated processes.
- Your excellent spreadsheet skills allow you to complete all daily duties, and you can learn new programs quickly.
- You are a strong communicator and cut through ambiguity.
- Experienced using MS Office, SAP and FileMakerPro.
- You handle Excel quite well, including "sum if", "look up", Pivot tables.
- You are ado-er and self starter who works well in a face-paced, dynamic, cross-functional environments.
- Highly responsive and adaptable.
Using excellent organization, communication and digital literacy you will handle budget coordination, administrative tasks and marketing operations support. You will initiate Purchase Orders (POs), processes invoices, maintain the budget database and generate reports. You will support the Apple Canada Marketing Leads and the larger marketing organization. You will be an amazing addition to the team. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES You will process accurate information quickly, and be ready to organize data as needed. Specifically this includes: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- You will provide day-to-day administrative support for Apple Canada Marketing Leads as well as to the broader marketing team, including:
- Planning and coordinating agendas for weekly leadership and monthly team meetings.
- Owning and managing new employee onboarding process.
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of quarterly team outings, offsite meetings and guest speakers.
- Ordering and managing team's equipment.
- Making travel arrangements through Apple Travel.
- Supporting the team with expense report submission, process changes and issues resolution.
- Sourcing catering and equipment for meetings.
- Partnering on Apple Canada employee engagement events.
- Responding to or re-direct e-mail or telephone customer inquiries.
- Liaising with Apple community affairs in regards to sponsorships and donation initiatives. BUDGET COORDINATION
- Lead all aspects of the Canada Marketing budget in accordance with process and procedures set out by WW Marketing Finance team. This will include to:
- Generate purchase orders, process invoices, track timely payment of vendor invoices and expense recognition.
- Document, file and maintain accurate and organized records retention.
- Work with functional partners through budget forecasting and tracking process to ensure forecasts are accurate and targets are met.
- Provide regular updates on status of spending and flag underage's and overages as appropriate.
- Provide accurate forecast updates and actuals reporting to worldwide team.
- Conduct budget analysis to help guide the forecast/needs for quarterly planning.
- Support Financial Analyst in quarterly financial close, prepare Journal Entries for Quarter End Close, reconcile against budget and provide appropriate backup for accruals/audits.
- Make sure all finance policies and processes are respected and ensure high attention to detail in completing the work. MARKETING OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Your focus will be on:
- Providing support for Canada Marketing Operations including vendor estimate requests, travel arrangements, and reconciliation/tracking of all project expenses.
- Capturing information and respond to requests from WW Marketing Operations related to special projects, infrastructure/facilities related issues, and budget/expense planning.
- Placing product orders in preparation of PR seeding and track orders until delivered and securely stored.
- Assisting with badging and security when needed including meeting room set up for special projects or initiatives.
Education & Experience
You ideally have a BS/BA degree in Finance or equivalent work experience.