ABOUT THE TEAM
The Commercialization Team is part of Sustainalytics' Global Client Relations function. We work with a diverse and growing range of investors and enable them to integrate ESG insights into their investment process. We operate in a lively and collaborative environment, where each day is different. Our objective is to drive the commercialization of important ESG products by producing high-quality client and sales materials, client presentations, training materials, and broader client reports to enable Morningstar and Sustainalytics sellers and client advisors to have effective conversations with their customers. Members of the team choose to work for Sustainalytics to create a positive impact on society as a result of their daily work.
Sustainalytics' Commercialization Team seeks a Senior Associate/Manager to support the development and production of client and sales materials, standard RFP texts, client presentations, training materials, and broader client reporting. The role will focus on working with internal stakeholders around the commercialisation, presentation, and education of Morningstar and Sustainalytics ESG products.
This position is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of Sustainalytics' growth story. This position allows you to obtain a thorough understanding of how investors can implement ESG, work in an entrepreneurial and cross-cultural environment, quickly assume new responsibilities and challenges, and become a company representative with internal and external clients.
The person in this position reports to the head of the Commercialization Team.
1. Experienced investment communications professional with a skill set to support responsible investment communications.
2. Develop and execute product communications strategy globally, including product awareness raising, team profiling, and identification of suitable communication opportunities and channels including social media.
3. Working within and alongside the Commercialization Team, The Morningstar sales teams, and Sustainalytics Client Relations team to help develop and execute sales strategies.
4. Cooperation with the Marketing teams of Sustainalytics and Morningstar to support them in the creation of standard product marketing materials such as brochures.
5. Translating complex ideas and products into language that resonates with institutional clients and stakeholders. E.g. Distilling and summarizing responsible investment trends and themes into sales materials.
6. Support and contribute to the development of tools required by the Client Relations team to educate and increase awareness of Sustainalytics' and Morningstar ESG products.
7. Work closely with Sustainalytics' and Morningstar product Managers to communicate product updates, progress, and salience of activities, actions, and outcomes.
8. Copy edit and proof-read team blogs, LinkedIn and social media presence
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability and an alignment with Sustainalytics' mission, vision, and values
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of financial services and responsible investment industry
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with a background in investments and communications, with an understanding ESG and sustainability or a keen willingness to learn.
- Relevant experience translating complex ideas and activities into meaningful and engaging content and deliverables including reporting, social media content and concepts, and other stakeholder communication resources.
- Ability to take the initiative and think creatively and proactively
- Efficient, well-organized team player with a high level of integrity
- Ability to demonstrate a 'solutions' view in positioning support, with a growth/value commercial mindset
- Degree in a related discipline (business, communications)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Be proactive, problem-solving while executing in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ownership and management of project-related deliverables
- Be team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
Time/schedule flexibility to work and collaborate in a global organization
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years' experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar's ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com