Weldco-Beales Manufacturing designs and manufactures specialized heavy equipment attachments for the construction, forestry, mining, scrap recycling, road maintenance and resource industries throughout Canada, the USA and internationally. Weldco prides itself on providing a great employee experience where safety is a way of life. Weldco-Beales is currently recruiting a Technical Writer/Illustrator for the Edmonton manufacturing team. This position will report to the Technical Publications Manager.
Weldco-Beales prides itself on maintaining a strong culture of safety, hard work, and customer satisfaction. We embrace the values of safety, quality, and community. We are looking for hard working people who will stand behind our products and services to help us become the trusted leader in the heavy equipment industry.
What you will do:
- Write and illustrate parts breakdowns and instruction manuals
- Proofread and update existing catalogs and manuals
- Use Adobe Indesign, Acrobat, Solidworks Composer and AutoCAD to publish technical documents
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create and revise content of technical publications
- Certificate or diploma from a recognized education institute or proven industry experience
- Familiarity with technical publications and technical illustration
- Experience working with a variety of software including Adobe InDesign (or Adobe Creative Suite), AutoCAD (2D and 3D), Solidworks Composer (or Solidworks)
- Experience in visual and written communication
- Experience with technical writing
- Experience editing and documenting revisions to technical publications
What you bring to the position:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Mechanical aptitude
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume when applying. Please supply examples of recent work.
What we bring:
- Multiple schedule options with shorter work weeks
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
- Employee Assistance Program, MSP (BC)
- Company Pension Plan with 3% company matching
- monthly incentive program with monetary rewards
- service awards in 5-year increments
- company/team events
- personal growth
- career advancement opportunities
- Education and apprenticeship support including EI top-up payments
- A workplace the prides itself on safety, cleanliness, respect, and results.
We are following all provincial guidelines and recommendations for COVID-19. If you are invited for an in-person interview, please wear a mask, complete the pre-screening process and practice social distancing.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation) and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, Weldco's goal is for our employees to be as diverse as our products. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require accommodation at any point throughout this process we will work with you to meet your needs.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.