Are you an experienced graphic designer passionate about ending homelessness in Alberta? Join our Communications Team! The Mustard Seed is looking for a Graphic Designer who will be responsible for: (i) developing creative solutions for projects and promotional material that reach a diverse audience; and (ii) coordinating print projects at The Mustard Seed.
Position Type: Full time, Fixed term until September 30, 2022
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 pm
Reporting to: Chief Communications Officer
Location: Central Offices, Calgary, AB
- Generate high-quality engaging design solutions for a variety of projects for a diverse audience, using a variety of vehicles (print, website, social media, digital display)
- Communicate design concepts to key stakeholders
- Articulate the value of creative concepts
- Create promotional material to generate awareness and donations with a strong emphasis on branding standards and key messaging
- Turn strategic ideas into creative marketing and fundraising solutions
- Create multimedia designs using Adobe Creative Suite
- Create timelines and monitor design projects
- Support all aspects of the production flow process, including procuring quotes from vendors and other service providers, approvals, quality control on printing, delivery, and inventory control
- Coordinate copy, artwork and create designs on projects
- Support production, inventory and design of all promotional materials and signage
- Coordinate with vendors for efficient project management
- Background or knowledge in photography
Other duties as assigned, such as:
- Participate in planning and strategy meetings
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing methods, costs, results
- Assisting Manager of Communications with other initiatives and projects when requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in related field
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Intuitive and high-quality designs that inspire action and evoke emotion
- Ability to conceptualize and take projects through to completion
- Experience in brand development and management as asset
- Strong proficiency in MS Office software (PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both, written and verbal
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Very organized with very high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Full-time position working 40 hours per week, some weekend and evening work may be required.
- This position will be based in downtown Calgary with some travel to Edmonton, Red Deer and other areas in Alberta as required.
- Employment Security Check is required.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed's Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment
- To support our staff and the vulnerable population we serve, we require new hires to have at least one dose of the COVID 19 vaccination.
- This posting closes on Sunday, October 17 or until the best candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.